Handbook on migration and security / edited by Philippe Bourbeau .
Bourbeau, Philippe, 1972 November 3- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 1785360485
- Publicerad: Cheltenham, UK : Edward Elgar Publishing, 
- Engelska ix, 429 pages
- People are undoubtedly on the move, when one out of every 33 people in the world is an international migrant. Concurrently, nation-states are attempting to curb migration for security reasons. International migration is perceived, in some eyes, as an existential security threat in the post-Cold War era. This Handbook provides a state-of-the-art analysis of the critically important links between migration and security in a globalising world. The Handbook presents original contributions suggesting innovative and emerging frontiers in the study of the securitisation of migration. Experts from different fields reflect on their respective conceptualisations of the migration-security nexus, and consider how an interdisciplinary and multifaceted dialogue can stimulate and enrich our understanding of the securitisation of migration in the contemporary world. This Handbook will aid students of migration studies to understand the comparative policies in creating and reproducing the migration-security nexus, and offer scholars and practitioners in migration studies a comprehensive understanding of a multitude of aspects of the securitisation of migration.
- Invandringspolitik (sao)
- Säkerhetspolitik (sao)
- Emigration and immigration. (LCSH)
- National security. (LCSH)
- National security (LCSH)
- JV6035 (LCC)
- JV6035 (LCC)
- 304.8/2 (DDC)
- Ojc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit