Picasso (Galleria Borghese)
Picasso : the sculpture / edited by Anna Coliva and Diana Widmaier-Picasso.
Coliva, Anna (redaktör/utgivare)
Widmaier Picasso, Diana (redaktör/utgivare)
Galleria Borghese. (creator_code:his_t)
- ISBN 9788833670225
- Publicerad: Milan : Officina Libraria, 
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 253 pages
- Picasso in Rome / Diana Widmaier-Picasso -- Picasso the sculptor. Enorme flamme in the Borghese gallery / Anna Coliva -- Picasso and the revitalization of scultpure / Diana Widmaier-Picasso -- Fragmentation and unity in Picasso's cubist sculptures / Olivier Berggruen -- Mondernism in three dimensions : Picasso's sculpture vis-à-vis ancient Greek and Roman art / Clemente Marconi -- Platonic a-morality / Donatien Grau -- Picasso and monumental sculpture : Chicago, 1963-1967 / Diana Widmaier-Picasso -- Picasso's sculpture studio in the photographs of Edward Quinn / Silvia Loreti, Diana Widmaier-Picasso.
- Picasso's contribution to the revitalization of modern sculptures cannot be underestimated. His work of over fifty years is examined in six essays and illustrated by more than 50 exhibited works. In 1917 Pablo Picasso traveled to Rome and Naples with Jean Cocteau and Igor Stravinskij. During this trip, for the first time, he could admire directly Hellenistic and Roman sculpture, that of the Renaissance and Baroque eras, but also the Roman frescoes of Pompei. The first exhibition dedicated to Picasso's sculpture to be held in Rome, and its accompanying catalogue, are conceived as a journey through the centuries that chronologically follows the interpretation of forms and different themes - stories and myths, bodies and figures, objects and fragments - in sculpture. The exhibition of masterpieces of the great Spanish master is accompanied by previously unpublished images of his sculpture studios (by Edward Quinn) that narrate the context in which these works were born. The catalogue includes essays that explore the visual and conceptual dialogue between the works of Picasso and works of the past, illustrating and examining over fifty works, some of which have never been exhibited before. Exhibition: Galleria Borghese, Rome, Italy (24.10.2018-03.02.2019).
- Spansk skulptur (sao)
- Modern konst (sao)
- Skulptur -- historia (sao)
- Sculpture, Modern -- 20th century -- Criticism and interpretation -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Sculpture, Spanish (LCSH)
- Art, Modern (LCSH)
- 1900-talet (sao)
- 1900-1999 (fast)
- Utställningskataloger (gmgpc//swe)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (lcgft)
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Criticism and interpretation -- Exhibitions.
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Id.5 Skulptur: 1905-
- 730.92 (DDC)
- Id.5 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit