Candyman / Jon Towlson.
Towlson, Jon, 1967- (författare)
- ISBN 191132554X
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: Leighton Buzzard : Auteur Publishing, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 133 pages
Serie: Devil's advocates
- "When Candyman was released in 1992, Roger Ebert gave it his thumbs up, remarking that the film was "scaring him with ideas and gore, rather than just gore." Indeed, Candyman is almost unique in 1990s horror cinema in that it tackles its sociopolitical themes head on. As critic Kirsten Moana Thompson has remarked, Candyman is "the return of the repressed as national allegory": the film's hook-handed killer of urban legend embodies a history of racism, miscegenation, lynching, and slavery, "the taboo secrets of America's past and present."
- Horror films -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. (LCSH)
- Horror films. (fast)
- Motion picture producers and directors. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- Film adaptations. (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Rose, Bernard, 1961- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Barker, Clive, 1952- -- Film adaptations.
- Barker, Clive, 1952-
- Candyman (Motion picture)
- Candyman (US, Bernard Rose, 1992)
- PN1997.2.C3585 (LCC)
- 791.43/72 (DDC)
- Ima (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Svenska filminstitutets bibliotek (Sfi)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: B1A Rose 3 CANDYMAN