How to preach a dangerous sermon / Frank A. Thomas ; foreword by William J. Barber II.
Thomas, Frank A. (Frank Anthony), 1955- (author.)
- ISBN 9781501856839
- Publicerad: Nashville : Abingdon Press, 
- Engelska xlii, 111 pages
- Foreword: the terrible joy of dangerous preaching / by William J. Barber II -- Preface: a call to conscience and a dangerous sermon -- Introduction: the critical value of moral imagination -- Race and shrinking whiteness: four qualities of the moral imagination of Robert F. Kennedy -- A requiem--"I'm happy tonight": four qualities of the moral imagination of Martin Luther King Jr. -- Who is the moral leader of our nation?: four qualities of moral imagination and the new moral leadership -- How to preach a dangerous sermon: four qualities of moral imagination in a sermon -- The final word: the "freedom faith" of Prathia L. Hall (1940-2002).
- Learn to use four characteristics of preaching with moral imagination to proclaim freedom for all. The author describes the four characteristics using examples like Robert F. Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Pauli Murray, and the Moral Monday Movement, along with musicians and other artists of today. Moral imagination helps the hearer to see what they cannot see, to hear what they cannot hear--to inhabit the lives of others, so that they can embody Christ and true freedom for those others. This book equips and empowers preachers to transcend their basic skills and techniques, so that their proclamation of the Word causes actual turnaround in the hearts and lives of their hearers, and in their communities.
- Preaching. (LCSH)
- Equality -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (LCSH)
- Church and social problems -- United States. (LCSH)
- Church and social problems. (fast)
- Preaching. (fast)
- Topical preaching. (fast)
- Equality -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- BV4235.P7 (LCC)
- 251 (DDC)
- Chb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit