The Oxford handbook of Christology / edited by Francesca Aran Murphy ; assistant editor, Troy A. Stefano.
Murphy, Francesca Aran (editor.)
Stefano, Troy A. (editor.)
- ISBN 9780199641901
- First edition.
- Publicerad: Oxford, United Kingdom ; Oxford University Press, 2015
- Engelska xvii, 670 pages
Serie: Oxford handbooks
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Table of contents only)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Contributor biographical information)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Publisher description)
- Language, truth, and "logos" / Paul Mankowski -- Christology from the Old Testament to the New / Olivier-Thomas Venard -- Jewish suffering and Christology in Pauline and recent papal thought / Gregory Glazov -- The gospels as testimony to Jesus Christ : a contemporary view of their historical value / Richard J. Bauckham -- The work of Christ in the New Testament / Michael J. Gorman -- The gospels on the presence of Jesus / Markus Bockmuehl -- Christology in the fourth century / Khaled Anatolios -- Antioch and Alexandria : Christology as reflection on God's presence in history / Brian E. Daley -- Christology in the East from the Council of Chalcedon to John Damascene / Andrew Louth -- The work of Christ in Patristic theology / Norman Russell -- Image Christology in the age of the Second Council of Nicaea (787) / Aidan Nichols -- The Islamic Christ / Gabriel Said Reynolds -- Christology : the "Cur Deus Homo" / David S. Hogg -- Seeing double : the crucified Christ in western mediaeval art / Alison Milbank -- The Christology of Thomas Aquinas in its scholastic context / Joseph Wawrykow -- Late mediaeval atonement theologies / Rik Van Nieuwenhove -- Martin Luther's eucharistic Christology / Brian Lugioyo -- The Christology of John Calvin / Randall C. Zachman -- Christology in the seventeenth century / Mark W. Elliott -- Christology after Kant / Kevin Hector -- The historical Jesus and Christology from David Friedrich Strauss to Käsemann / Philip G. Ziegler -- Christology from Lessing to Schleiermacher / Troy A. Stefano -- Christology after Schleiermacher : three twentieth-century Christologist / Troy A. Stefano -- Knowing about Jesus, knowing Jesus : Christology and spirituality / Raymond Gawronski -- Chinese Christologies : images of Christ and Chinese cultures / K.K. Yeo -- Feminist Christologies / Michele M. Schumacher -- Jesus Christ, living water in Africa today / Diane B. STinton -- Kenoticism in modern Christology / Bruce McCormack -- Images of Christ in post-enlightenment oratorios / Calvin Stapert -- Christ in cinema : the evangelical power of the beautiful / Robert Barron -- Imagining Christ in literature / Rowan Williams -- Christ in art from the Baroque to the present / Lawrence S. Cunningham -- . The Christological prism : Christology as methodological principle / Robert J. Woźniak -- The Christ of the canonical gospels and the Christs of the apocryphal gospels / Simon Gathercole -- The doctrinal significance of the councils of Nicaea, Ephesus, and Chalcedon / Thomas G. Weinandy -- Normative Protestant Christology / Kenneth Oakes -- What makes a Christology Catholic? / Gilbert Narcisse -- Christology and world religions : a systematic perpsective / Gavin D'Costa -- The place of Christology in systematic theology / John Webster -- Afterword: The breadth of Christology : the beautiful work of Christ / Francesca Aran Murphy.
- The Oxford Handbook of Christology brings together 40 authoritative essays considering the theological study of the nature and role of Jesus Christ. This collection offers dynamic perspectives within the study of Christology and provides rigorous discussion of inter-confessional theology, which would not have been possible even 60 years ago. The first of the seven parts considers Jesus Christ in the Bible. Rather than focusing solely on the New Testament, this section begins with discussion of the modes of God's self-communication to us and suggests that Christ's most original incarnation is in the language of the Hebrew Bible. The second section considers Patristics Christology. These essays explore the formation of the doctrines of the person of Christ and the atonement between the First Council of Nicaea in 325 and the eve of the Second Council of Nicaea. The next section looks at Mediaeval theology and tackles the development of the understanding of who Christ was and of his atoning work. The section on 'Reformation and Christology' traces the path of the Reformation from Luther to Bultmann. The fifth section tackles the new developments in thinking about Christ which have emerged in the modern and the postmodern eras, and the sixth section explains how beliefs about Jesus have affected music, poetry, and the arts. The final part concludes by locating Christology within systematic theology, asking how it relates to Christian belief as a whole. This comprehensive volume provides an invaluable resource and reference for scholars, students, and general readers interested in the study of Christology.
- Christianity. (LCSH)
- Jesus Christ -- Person and offices.
- BT203 (LCC)
- 270 (DDC)
- Cj (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit