Mediating mysteries, understanding liturgies : on bridging the gap between liturgy and systematic theology / edited by Joris Geldhof
Leuven Encounters in Systematic Theology (9th : 2013 : Louvain, Belgium)
Geldhof, Joris, 1976- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 978-90-429-3285-2
- Publicerad: Leuven ; Peeters, 2015
- Copyright: ©2015
- Engelska ix, 256 pages
Serie: Bibliotheca Ephemeridum theologicarum Lovaniensium ; CCLXXVIII
- Relaterad länk:
http://swbplus.bsz-b... (Table of contents)
- Introduction -- Meandering in mystery : why theology today would benefit from rediscovering the work of Odo Casel / Joris Geldhof -- Part I, Encountering the mystery : the mediation of Christ and the Gospel through the liturgy: Encountering mystery : reading the Gospels through the lens of the liturgy / Gordon W. Lathrop -- The mystery of Christ in the liturgy / Patrick Prétot -- Part II, Transmitting the mystery : the role of language and rites in concrete celebrations: Mystery without mystique : the question of sacred language, post Roman missal 2011 / Susan K. Roll -- Symbols and non-verbal communication in liturgy : a Syriac perspective / Baby Varghese -- Part III, Researching the mystery : the interplay of liturgical studies and anthropology: Participation in monastic liturgy as experience of the mystery : empirical liturgical explorations in a monastic context / Thomas Quartier -- Part IV, Participating in the mystery : reflections on liturgical and sacramental dynamics: Actuosa participatio : reflections on the relationship of faith, liturgy, and church / Julia Knop -- The many meanings of "active participation" : a contemporary perspective / Martin Stuflesser -- Part V, Living the mystery : contemporary challenges in the life of the church: How to transmit mystery? : reflections on the sources, the method and the meaning of mystagogical catechesis / Enrico Mazza -- Liturgy, ethics, and politics : constructive inquiry into the traditional notion of participation in mystery / Bruce T. Morrell -- Part VI, Rethinking the mystery : reflections on the scope and limits of liturgical theology: The pros and cons of liturgical theology in an interdisciplinary perspective : Vatican II and the challenges for a theology of the liturgy today / Andrea Grillo -- What is primary theology (good for)? The challenging legacy of Alexander Schmemann and Aidan Kavanagh / David W. Fagerberg.
- "The starting point for the present volume is the conviction that the liturgy contains, transmits, and partakes in the central mysteries of the Christian faith ... This book ... aims at contributing to the ongoing discussions about the ways in which the mysteries of faith are mediated and how Christian liturgies can or must be understood."--Introduction.
- "The liturgist is a general practitioner who sees a lot in his practice and for whom virtually everything is important". The phrase from the Introduction to the book offers a useful starting point for understanding what the authors essentially want to convey. While much may be important, this volume addresses specifically the relation between liturgy and mystery. Many of the contributing authors recognise the bodied reality of mystery as crucial to the "health" of liturgical relationship. The contributors acknowledge that neither the "practitioner" as liturgist, nor the theologian alone can provide the necessary "life-giving connections" that help mediate between liturgy and mystery. Thus, the skills and knowledge from various liturgical traditions and denominations are utilised to explore: (1) the gospels and Christ event, (2) the ongoing process of tradition through verbal and non-verbal means, (3) the transparency of mystery itself, (4) the partaking in the Mystery through the links with other areas and commitments of life, and (5) the revision of the classical approach to the relationship between liturgy and systematic theology. This paired liturgical and theological investigation ultimately opens ways for understanding what liturgy itself is, and what theology maybe should be.
- "The starting point for the present volume is the conviction that the liturgy contains, transmits, and partakes in the central mysteries of the Christian faith.... This book ... aims at contributing to the ongoing discussions about the ways in which the mysteries of faith are mediated and how Christian liturgies can or must be understood."--Introduction.
- Liturgics -- Congresses (LCSH)
- Mystery -- Congresses (LCSH)
- Public worship -- Catholic Church -- Congresses (LCSH)
- Christian philosophy -- Congresses (LCSH)
- Theology, Doctrinal -- Congresses (LCSH)
- Liturgi (sao)
- Gudstjänsten (sao)
- Dogmatik (sao)
- Religionsfilosofi (sao)
- Theology, Doctrinal (LCSH)
- Dogma (LCSH)
- Religion -- Philosophy (LCSH)
- Religious thought (LCSH)
- Mass (LCSH)
- Public worship (LCSH)
- Konferenser (saogf)
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy -- Congresses
- Romersk-katolska kyrkan
- Bible -- Liturgical use -- Congresses
- BV178 (LCC)
- 264.02 (DDC)
- Ckb.03 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 3 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Carolinabiblioteket (U)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Öppen samling 264 : 49