Coalbed Methane in India Opportunities, Issues and Challenges for Recovery and Utilization / by Ajay Kumar Singh, Partha Narayan Hajra.
Singh, Ajay Kumar. (author.)
Hajra, Partha Narayan. (author.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319664651
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2018
- Engelska XX, 98 p. 23 illus., 20 illus. in color.
Serie: SpringerBriefs in Energy, 2191-5520
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- 1.Coalbed Methane:Its Relevance and Current Status -- 2.Technical, Environmental and Policy Aspects of CBM in Indian Context -- 3.Major Issues,Suitable Sites and Operational Feasibility of CBM in India -- 4.Legal Issues, SWOT Analysis, Global Market Players and Cost Benefit Analysis of CBM in India.
- This book offers a first-of-its-kind, standalone review of coalbed methane (CBM) in India, covering all the major technical and policy aspects. As an authoritative text on CBM in India, it addresses the essential geological, engineering and policy issues. The Coalbed Methane industry is a rapidly developing sector in Indian energy supply. The book presents the characteristics of coal beds in India’s Damodar and Son river valleys, which influence the commercial viability of CBM in the regions, as well as a study of the gas contents of the country’s major coalfields. The book begins with a brief review of methane emissions from Indian coal mines and the current coalbed methane situation in the country. Its unique features include a coalfield-by-coalfield technical assessment of CBM throughout India. Policy matters are addressed, including the National Exploration Licencing Policy (NELP) of the Indian Government Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, which is vital to an overall understanding of CBM development in the country. The scope and depth of its book’s coverage will benefit students, practising engineers, researchers and policy-makers.
- Energy. (LCSH)
- Fossil fuels. (LCSH)
- Water quality. (LCSH)
- Water pollution. (LCSH)
- Geology. (LCSH)
- Engineering geology. (LCSH)
- Foundations. (LCSH)
- Hydraulics. (LCSH)
- Pollution prevention. (LCSH)
- Engineering -- Geology. (LCSH)
- Fossil Fuels (incl. Carbon Capture).
- Geoengineering, Foundations, Hydraulics.
- Industrial Pollution Prevention.
- Water Quality/Water Pollution.
- TJ163.13-163.25 (LCC)
- TP315-360 (LCC)
- THF (ämneskategori)
- TEC031030 (ämneskategori)
- 662.6 (DDC)
- Pmaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text) (SpringerLink Books Energy 2018:Full Text)