Reformation theology : a systematic summary / edited by Matthew Barrett ; prologue by Michael Horton.
Barrett, Matthew, 1982- (redaktör/utgivare)
Horton, Michael Scott (förord)
- ISBN 9781433543289
- Publicerad: Wheaton, Ill. Crossway, 
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska 784 pages
- Prologue : What are we celebrating? : taking stock after five centuries / Michael Horton -- Introduction : -- 1. The crux of genuine reform / Part 1. Historical Background to the Reformation : -- Gerald Bray -- 2. Late medieval theology / 3. The Reformers and their reformations / Carl R. Trueman and Part 2. Reformation Theology : -- 4. Sola Scriptura / Mark D. Thompson -- 5. The Holy Trinity / Michael Reeves -- 6. The being and attributes of God / Scott R. Swain -- 7. Predestination and election / Cornelis P. Venema -- 8. Creation, mankind, and the image of God / Douglas F. Kelly -- 9 The person of Christ / Robert Letham -- 10. The work of Christ / Donald Macleod -- 11. The Holy Spirit / Graham A. Cole -- 12. Union with Christ / J. V. Fesko -- 13. The bondage and liberation of the will / Matthew Barrett -- 14. Justification by faith alone / Korey D. Maas -- 15. Sanctification, perseverance, and assurance / Michael Allen -- 16. The church / 17. Baptism / 18. The Lord's Supper / Keith A. Mathison -- 19. The relationship of church and state / Peter A. Lillback -- 20. Eschatology / Kim Riddlebarger.
- Five hundred years ago, the Reformers were defending doctrines such as justification by faith alone, the authority of Scripture, and God's grace in salvation--some to the point of death. Many of these same essential doctrines are still being challenged today, and there has never been a more crucial time to hold fast to the enduring truth of Scripture. In Reformation Theology, Matthew Barrett has brought together a team of expert theologians and historians writing on key doctrines taught and defended by the Reformers centuries ago. With contributions from Michael Horton, Gerald Bray, Michael Reeves, Carl Trueman, Robert Kolb, and many others, this volume stands as a manifesto for the church, exhorting Christians to learn from our spiritual forebears and hold fast to sound doctrine rooted in the Bible and passed on from generation to generation.
- Reformationen (sao)
- Dogmatik -- historia (sao)
- Reformation (LCSH)
- Theology, Doctrinal -- History -- 16th century (LCSH)
- Reformation (LCSH)
- 1500-talet (sao)
- BR305.3 (LCC)
- 230.4 (DDC)
- Ckc.02 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit