Recent Developments in Space Law Opportunities & Challenges / edited by R. Venkata Rao, V. Gopalakrishnan, Kumar Abhijeet.
Rao, R. Venkata. (editor.)
Gopalakrishnan, V. (editor.)
Abhijeet, Kumar. (editor.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9789811049262
- Publicerad: Singapore : Springer Singapore : 2017
- Engelska XIV, 154 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Chapter 1. Trends in outer space activities – legal and policy challenges (by Prof. Sridhara Murthi) -- Chapter 2. Some Tenets of Space Law as Jus Cogen (by Dr. G. S. Sachdeva) -- Chapter 3. International Space Governance: Issues and Challenges for the Global Space Community (by Dr. Eligar Sadeh) -- Chapter 4. New laws for new space: Using law reform to drive commercial space initiatives (by Professor Melissa de Zwart) -- Chapter 5. Liability For Space Vehicle Accidents (by Jessica Los Banos) -- Chapter 6. The Increasing Militarization of Space and Normative Responses (by Dr. Dale Stephens ) -- Chapter 7. Towards A Legal Regime for the Protection of Space Assets (by Prof. Dr. M. Gandhi) -- Chapter 8. Challenges in Space Insurance (Dr. Sandeep Bhat) -- Chapter 9. Scavenging of Space Objects for Recycling (Dr. Martha Mejia-Kaiser) -- Chapter 10. Legal and Policy Aspects of Active Debris Removal (Mr. V. Gopalakrishnan) -- Chapter 11. Arms Control in Outer Space: ASAT Weapons (by Mr. Kumar Abhijeet) -- Chapter 12. European Space Policy Institute’s Comprehensive Analysis on Adopting New Binding International Norms Regarding Space Activities (by Ms. Anja Nakarada Pecujlic).
- This book offers a compendium of diverse essays on emerging legal issues in outer space, written by experts in the field of Space Law from different parts of the globe. The book comprehensively addresses opportunities in space and the inevitable legal challenges that these space activities pose for mankind. It explores the increasing role of private sector in outer space, which calls for a review of policy and legislation; invites opinio juris from law scholars for ensuring the applicability of the Outer Space Treaty on all states without ratification and universal abidance with Space Law without demur; reflects upon the challenges for the global space community involved in implementing a more effective approach to international space governance; and considers the use of domestic laws, and the consequent need for legal reform, to encourage broader engagement with commercial space innovation. Further, the book delves into the adequacy of existing international liability regime to protect space tourists in the event of a space vehicle accidents; examines the increasing use of space for military activities and canvasses how International Law may apply to condition behaviour; highlights the challenges of scavenging space debris; calls for protections of space assets; touches upon the legal regime pertaining to ASAT and discusses other ways of creating normative instruments, which also come from other areas and use other methods. Given its comprehensive coverage of opportunities in space and the inevitable legal challenges that they pose, the book offers a valuable resource for students, researchers, academics and professionals including government officials, industry executives, specialists, and lawyers, helping them understand essential contemporary issues and developments in Space Law.
- Law. (LCSH)
- Private international law. (LCSH)
- Conflict of laws. (LCSH)
- International law. (LCSH)
- Comparative law. (LCSH)
- Law of the sea. (LCSH)
- Mediation. (LCSH)
- Dispute resolution (Law). (LCSH)
- Conflict management. (LCSH)
- Law of the Sea, Air and Outer Space.
- Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Arbitration.
- Private International Law, International & Foreign Law, Comparative Law.
- KZA1002-5205 (LCC)
- KZD1002-6715 (LCC)
- LBB (ämneskategori)
- LAW051000 (ämneskategori)
- 341.4 (DDC)
- 341 (DDC)
- Oba (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Digitala biblioteket (Udix)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Uppsala universitet) (SpringerLINK eBooks - English/International Collection (2017))
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text)