Big mind : how collective intelligence can change our world / Geoff Mulgan.
Mulgan, Geoff (författare)
- ISBN 9780691170794
- Publicerad: Princeton, New Jersey : Princeton University Press, 
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 272 pages
- A new field of collective intelligence has emerged in the last few years, prompted by a wave of digital technologies that make it possible for organizations and societies to think at large scale. This "bigger mind"--human and machine capabilities working together--has the potential to solve the great challenges of our time. So why do smart technologies not automatically lead to smart results? Gathering insights from diverse fields, including philosophy, computer science, and biology, Big Mind reveals how collective intelligence can guide corporations, governments, universities, and societies to make the most of human brains and digital technologies. Geoff Mulgan explores how collective intelligence has to be consciously organized and orchestrated in order to harness its powers. He looks at recent experiments mobilizing millions of people to solve problems, and at groundbreaking technology like Google Maps and Dove satellites. He also considers why organizations full of smart people and machines can make foolish mistakes--from investment banks losing billions to intelligence agencies misjudging geopolitical events--and shows how to avoid them. Highlighting differences between environments that stimulate intelligence and those that blunt it, Mulgan shows how human and machine intelligence could solve challenges in business, climate change, democracy, and public health. But for that to happen we'll need radically new professions, institutions, and ways of thinking.
- Artificiell intelligens (sao)
- Big data -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Informationsteknik -- ekonomiska aspekter (sao)
- Artificial intelligence. (LCSH)
- Human-computer interaction. (LCSH)
- Big data -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Information technology -- Economic aspects. (LCSH)
- Technological innovations -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Technological innovations -- Psychological aspects. (LCSH)
- Artificial intelligence (LCSH)
- B790-5739 (LCC)
- 006.3824 (DDC)
- Pud (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 4 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit
Lunds universitets bibliotek, HT-biblioteken, LUX-biblioteket (Humanist- och teologcentrum) (Lux)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.