A new kind of Christianity : ten questions that are transforming the faith / Brian D. McLaren.
McLaren, Brian D., 1956- (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-06-185399-9
- 1st HarperCollins pbk. ed.
- New York : HarperOne, 2011.
- Engelska xiii, 322 pages
- Between something real and something wrong -- The quest and the questions -- A prayer on the beach -- bk. 1. Unlocking and opening. What is the overarching story line of the Bible? -- Setting the stage for the biblical narrative -- The biblical narrative in three dimensions -- How should the Bible be understood? -- From legal constitution to community library -- Revelation through conversation -- Is God violent? -- From a violent tribal God to a Christlike God -- Who is Jesus and why is he important? -- Jesus outside the lines -- What is the gospel? -- Jesus and the kingdom of God -- bk. 2. Emerging and exploring. What do we do about the church? -- Can we find a way to address human sexuality without fighting about it? -- Can we find a better way of viewing the future? -- How should followers of Jesus relate to people of other religions? -- How can we translate our quest into action? -- Living the questions in community -- Conclusion: A new kind of Christianity.
- Examines ten questions facing Christianity today, including questions about authority, God, Jesus, how to articulate the faith itself, and the nature of the gospel, and lays out a vision of what the church will look like for its next five hundred years.
- Theology, Doctrinal -- Popular works. (LCSH)
- Theology, Doctrinal. (fast)
- Popular works. (fast)
- BT77 (LCC)
- 230 (DDC)
- Ca (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit