International trade in sustainable electricity : regulatory challenges in international economic law / edited by Thomas Cottier, World Trade Institute, University of Bern, Ilaria Espa, World Trade Institute, University of Bern.
Cottier, Thomas (editor.)
Espa, Ilaria (editor.)
- ISBN 9781316681275
- Publicerad: Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2017
- Engelska 1 online resource (xxvii, 479 pages)
- Relaterad länk:
https://doi.org/10.1... (Table of contents / Abstracts)
- The state of play in cross-border electricity trade and the challenges towards a global electricity market environment / Spyridon Chatzivasileiadis and Damien Ernst -- Technological challenges and new frontiers in international electricity trade / Anders P. Houmøller -- Economic and geopolitical determinants of trade in electricity / David Robinson -- Good governance for a global electricity grid - what are the ingredients? / Steivan Defilla -- Towards a New Deal for the integration of renewable power generation in the internal energy market: A regulatory perspective on European climate and energy policy / Jérôme Le Page -- The North American experience / Fereidoon P. Sioshansi -- Developing ASEAN green electricity in the context of the ASEAN Community 2025 / Sufian Jusoh -- The African experience / Callixte Kambada -- Latin American experiments in promoting green electricity / Carolina M. Lembo and Belisa E. Eleoterio -- Interconnections in electricity transportation: implications for international trade law / Yulia Selivanova -- Preferential connection and integration of electricity generators using renewable energy sources: critical assessment of the EU rules / Karolis Gudas -- The treatment of restrictions and financial charges on imports and exports of electricity under EU and WTO law / Ilaria Espa -- The Integration of electricity from renewable energy sources in the European Union electricity market: the case for 'smart grids' / Joëlle de Sépibus -- Markets for adequacy and flexibility: an interoperability perspective / Christian Kunze -- ASCM disciplines and recent WTO case law developments: what space for 'green' subsidies? / Luca Rubini -- Dumping and subsidy issues in the renewable energy sector / Edwin Vermulst and Madison Meng -- Promoting green electricity through differentiated electricity tax schemes / Kateryna Holzer, Ilaria Espa and Tetyana Payosova -- Competition policy, monopolies and the role of the state in promoting green electricity / Olga Nartova -- Transfer of technology and a global clean energy grid / Frederick M. Abbott -- The role of the fair and equitable treatment standard: regulatory coherence for trade and investment in renewable energy / Sofya Matteotti and Tetyana Payosova.
- Cross-border trade in electricity is rapidly expanding as a result of technical innovations, economic and geopolitical developments, and the ongoing decarbonisation of the electricity sector in response to climate change. The expansion of electricity networks and the integration of increasing shares of renewable energy (RE) electricity into the grid have made long-distance electricity flows both feasible and desirable. Drawing on the work of experts in trade and energy law and policy, and offering novel, multidisciplinary perspectives on the rapidly evolving landscape shaping international trade in electricity, this book examines the most important challenges - technical, economic, legal and policy-related - posed by long-distance and sustainable electricity trade. The book explores the regulatory implications of the policy instruments aimed at supporting RE electricity and considers how best to promote greater overall coherence in international electricity governance.
- International economic relations. (LCSH)
- Sustainable engineering. (LCSH)
- Renewable energy sources. (LCSH)
- Electric utilities -- Government policy. (LCSH)
- Electric utilities -- Law and legislation. (LCSH)
- International trade -- Environmental aspects. (LCSH)
- HD9685.A2 (LCC)
- 343.09/29 (DDC)
- P.08:oe (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (Cambridge Core All Books:Full Text)