Museums Without Borders : Selected Writings of Robert R. Janes / Robert R. Janes.
Janes, Robert R., 1948- (author.)
- ISBN 978-1-138-90636-5
- Publicerad: London : Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Engelska xvii, 411 pages
- Foreword / Richard Sandell -- Part 1. Other voices : indigenous peoples -- Northern museum development : a view from the North -- Museum ideology and practice in Canada's Third World -- First Nations : policy and practice at the Glenbow Museum -- Personal, academic and institutional perspectives on museums and First Nations -- Issues of repatriation : a Canadian view (with Gerald T. Conaty) -- Part 2. Creative destruction : managing change -- Sober reflections : an undisguised view of change at Glenbow -- Beyond strategic planning : the Glenbow example -- Don't lose your nerve : museums and organizational change -- Museums and change : some thoughts on creativity, destruction and self-organization -- Complexity and creativity in contemporary museum management (with Richard Sandell) -- The mindful museum -- Museum management revisited -- Part 3. Museums without borders : social responsibility -- What will communities need and want from museums in the future? -- Exploring stewardship -- Introduction to looking reality in the eye : museums and social responsibility (with Gerald T. Conaty) -- Museums, corporatism and the civil society -- Museums : stewards or spectators? -- What are museums for? : revisiting museums in a troubled world (with Morten Karnøe Søndergaard) -- Part 4. Dangerous times : activism and ethics -- Experimenting with leadership : primus inter pares -- Persistent paradoxes : 1997 and 2012 -- Debunking the marketplace -- Museums and the new reality -- Museum management and the ethical imperative -- Museums in a dangerous time -- Epilogue -- Bibliography of Robert R. Janes.
- "Museums without Borders presents a body of work from one of the most respected practitioners and scholars in the field with nearly 40 years of experience. Robert Janes explores, through his selected writings, the view that museums have a broader role to play in society than is conventionally assumed. This volume forms an evolutionary time capsule of the many issues that have, and will, continue to shape the museum sector for decades to come"--Provided by publisher.
- Museums -- Social aspects. (LCSH)
- Museums -- Political aspects. (LCSH)
- Museums -- Moral and ethical aspects. (LCSH)
- Museums -- Canada. (LCSH)
- Indians of North America -- Museums. (LCSH)
- Social change. (LCSH)
- Indians of North America -- Museums. (fast)
- Museums. (fast)
- Museums -- Moral and ethical aspects. (fast)
- Museums -- Political aspects. (fast)
- Museums -- Social aspects. (fast)
- Social change. (fast)
- Museer -- sociala aspekter (sao)
- Museer -- politiska aspekter (sao)
- Museologi (sao)
- Museum techniques (LCSH)
- Canada. (fast)
- AM7 (LCC)
- 069 (DDC)
- Bg (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit