Chinese military reform in the age of Xi Jinping : drivers, challenges, and implications / by Joel Wuthnow and Phillip C. Saunders.
Wuthnow, Joel (författare)
Saunders, Phillip C. (Phillip Charles), 1966- (författare)
Center for the Study of Chinese Military Affairs (National Defense University),
- ISBN 978-0-16-093787-3
- Publicerad: Washington. D.C. : National Defense University Press, 2017.
- Distribuerad: Washington, DC : For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Publishing Office
- Engelska 87 pages
Serie: China strategic perspectives ; 10
- Executive summary. -- Introduction. -- A new PLA organization. -- Drives of reform. -- Political strategy to implement the reforms. -- implications. -- next steps and areas for further research. -- conclusion -- Appendix 1. Leadership. -- Appendix 2. Central Military Committee departments. -- Acknowledgments. -- Notes. -- About the authors.
- China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) has embarked on its most wide-ranging and ambitious restructuring since 1949, including major changes to most of its key organizations. The restructuring reflects the desire to strengthen PLA joint operation capabilities- on land, sea, in the air, and in the space and cyber domains. The reforms could result in a more adept joint warfighting force, though the PLA will continue to face a number of key hurdles to effective joint operations, Several potential actions would indicate that the PLA is overcoming obstacles to a stronger joint operations capability. The reforms are also intended to increase Chairman Xi Jinping's control over the PLA and to reinvigorate Chinese Communist Party (CCP) organs within the military. Xi Jinping's ability to push through reforms indicates that he has more authority over the PLA than his recent predecessors. The restructuring could create new opportunities for U.S.-China military contacts.
- Organizational change (LCSH)
- Unified operations (Military science) (LCSH)
- Administrative agencies -- Reorganization. (fast)
- Armed Forces -- Operational readiness. (fast)
- Försvarsorganisation (sao)
- Försvarspolitik (sao)
- Organisationsförändringar (sao)
- Ekonomiska reformer (sao)
- China -- Armed Forces -- Reorganization. (LCSH)
- China -- Military policy. (LCSH)
- China -- Armed Forces -- Operational readiness. (LCSH)
- China. Zhongguo ren min jie fang jun -- Reorganization.
- China. Zhongguo ren min jie fang jun.
- UA835 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit