A descriptive catalogue of the medieval and Renaissance manuscripts of the University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary's College / David T. Gura.
Gura, David Turco (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-268-10060-5
- Notre Dame, Indiana : University of Notre Dame Press, 
- Engelska xxxiv, 716 Seiten
- "David T. Gura's innovative catalogue describes the 288 medieval and Renaissance manuscripts held by the University of Notre Dame (Hesburgh Library and Snite Museum of Art) and Saint Mary's College. Bound manuscripts, leaves, and fragments, which span the late eleventh through the sixteenth century and include bibles, books of hours, calendars, liturgical texts, and much more, are given thorough critical treatment and scholarly description. Organized by repository, each manuscript description is based on Gura's intensive paleographical and codicological analyses, which address features such as material and support, collation, illumination, layout, script types, ownership history, book bindings, and bibliographical references. Scaled diagrams of distinct and variant ruling patterns and border arrangements are included with each catalogue entry to facilitate comparison with each other and with manuscripts outside the collection. Gura's flexible schematic for analytical manuscript description presents the important aspects of particular genres of the manuscripts, distinguishes their uncommon features, and interprets them. In his introduction to the catalogue, Gura provides a history of the formation of the manuscript collections, a scholarly overview organized by genre, and a detailed explanation of his analytical schematic. Paratextual materials allow readers to browse all manuscripts in the collections by repository, date, country or region of origin, language, and textual contents. Academic librarians, manuscript dealers and collectors, and the community of scholars, curators, and librarians who work with medieval and Renaissance manuscripts will find this an accessible and valuable resource"...
- Renässanslitteratur (sao)
- Medeltida handskrifter (sao)
- Handskrifter (sao)
- European literature -- Renaissance, 1450-1600 (LCSH)
- Manuscripts (LCSH)
- Manuscripts, Medieval (LCSH)
- REFERENCE / Catalogs / bisacsh.
- LITERARY CRITICISM / Renaissance / bisacsh.
- LANGUAGE ARTS et DISCIPLINES / Library et Information Science / Cataloging et Classification / bisacsh.
- Kataloger (saogf)
- Handskrifter (saogf)
- Saint Mary's College. Bibliothek.
- Universitätsbibliothek Notre Dame.
- 011/.31 (DDC)
- 002.09 (DDC)
- 091 (DDC)
- AM 85390 (rvk)
- Aa.021 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- Aea (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungliga biblioteket (S)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: RefKBHA Biblio. Amer. Särsk. Notre Dame