Interactional Competences in Institutional Settings From School to the Workplace / edited by Simona Pekarek Doehler, Adrian Bangerter, Geneviève de Weck, Laurent Filliettaz, Esther González-Martínez, Cécile Petitjean.
Pekarek Doehler, Simona. (editor.)
Bangerter, Adrian. (editor.)
de Weck, Geneviève. (editor.)
Filliettaz, Laurent. (editor.)
González-Martínez, Esther. (editor.)
Petitjean, Cécile. (editor.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319468679
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2017
- Engelska XV, 286 p. 9 illus.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- -- Chapter 1 – Interactional competences in institutional settings: Young people between school and work: Simona Pekarek Doehler & Cécile Petitjean -- Section I – Institutional practices between school and the workplace -- Chapter 2 – Expressing personal opinions in classroom interactions: The role of humor and displays of uncertainty: Virginie Degoumois, Cécile Petitjean & Simona Pekarek Doehler -- Chapter 3 – The use of personal storytelling in speech and language therapist-adolescent interactions: Geneviève de Weck, Audrey Sublon & Gwendoline Fox -- Chapter 4 – Shaping participation in vocational training interactions: The case of schisming: Vassiliki Markaki & Laurent Filliettaz -- Chapter 5 – Taking the initiative in job interviews: Extended responses to questions and storytelling: Adrian Bangerter & Paloma Gosteli-Corvalan -- Chapter 6 – Newcomer nurses' telephone calls to porters and doctors: Inquiring and reporting as vehicles for requests: Anca Cristina Sterie & Esther González-Martínez -- Section II – Transitioning into work -- Chapter 7 – Becoming a 'good nurse': Social norms of conduct and the management of interpersonal relations: Helen Melander -- Chapter 8 – Toward a conversation analytic framework for tracking interactional competence development from school to work: Hanh thi Nguyen -- Chapter 9 – Transitions and interactional competence: Negotiating boundaries through talk: Meredith Marra, Janet Holmes & Keely Kidner -- Chapter 10 – Transitioning to effective medical practice: Junior doctors’ learning through co-working with pharmacists: Christy Noble & Stephen Billett.
- This interdisciplinary volume brings together leading scholars from several disciplines to uncover the key to young people’s socialization within institutional settings, from school to the workplace. Among the questions they consider are: what aspects of interactional competence are relevant for participation in practical activities within those settings? What are the interactional procedures through which diverse facets of interactional competence are recognized, legitimized and assessed in the course of practical activities? How do these procedures shape and reflect social institutions and people's understanding of them? The collection discusses interactional competences across a variety of institutional settings, and reflects on the institutional order by scrutinizing how such competences are interactionally treated within everyday institutional practices. The volume enriches an interdisciplinary understanding of fundamental concepts in the social sciences and will therefore be of interest to those working within linguistics, sociology, education, psychology of work, and speech therapy.
- Linguistics. (LCSH)
- Applied linguistics. (LCSH)
- Sociolinguistics. (LCSH)
- Discourse analysis. (LCSH)
- Educational sociology. (LCSH)
- Linguistic anthropology. (LCSH)
- Education and sociology. (LCSH)
- Sociology, Educational. (LCSH)
- Industrial sociology. (LCSH)
- Applied Linguistics.
- Discourse Analysis.
- Sociology of Work.
- Sociology of Education.
- Linguistic Anthropology.
- P129-138.7222 (LCC)
- CB (ämneskategori)
- LAN009000 (ämneskategori)
- 410 (DDC)
- F (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Karlstads universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Kdig)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for KaU) (Springer eBooks (Social Sciences 2017))
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text)