The disappearance of Émile Zola : love, literature and the Dreyfus case / Michael Rosen.
Rosen, Michael, 1946- (author.)
- ISBN 9780571312016
- London : Faber & Faber, 2017.
- Engelska xvi, 302 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates
- It is the evening of 18 July 1898 and the world-renowned novelist Emile Zola is on the run. His crime? Taking on the highest powers in the land with his open letter 'J'accuse' and losing. Forced to leave Paris, with nothing but the clothes he is standing in and a nightshirt wrapped in newspaper, Zola flees to England with no idea when he will return. This is the little-known story of his time in exile. Rosen has traced Zola's footsteps from the Gare du Nord to London, examining the significance of this year. The Disappearance of Zola offers an intriguing insight into the mind, the loves, the politics and the work of the great writer.
- Authors, Exiled -- England -- Social conditions. (LCSH)
- Zola, Émile, 1840-1902 -- Exile -- England.
- PQ2528 (LCC)
- 843.8 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungliga biblioteket (S)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: ORDER 170503/Adlib BESTÄLLD