The subtle art of not giving a fuck : a counterintuitive approach to living a good life / Mark Manson.
Manson, Mark (författare)
- ISBN 9780062457714
- 1. ed.
- Publicerad: New York : HarperOne, 2016
- Engelska vii, 212 s.
- Chapter 1. Don't try. The feedback loop from hell ; The subtle art of not giving a fuck ; So Mark, what the fuck is the point of this book anyway? -- Chapter 2. Happiness is a problem. The misadventures of Disappointment Panda ; Happiness comes from solving problems ; Emotions are overrated ; Choose your struggle -- Chapter 3. You are not special. Things fall apart ; The tyranny of exceptionalism ; B-b-b-but, if I'm not going to be special or extraordinary, what's the point? -- Chapter 4. The value of suffering. The self-awareness onion ; Rock star problems ; Shitty values ; Defining good and bad values -- Chapter 5. You are always choosing. The choice ; The responsibility/fault fallacy ; Responding to tragedy ; Genetics and the hand we're dealt ; Victimhood chic ; There is no "how" -- Chapter 6. You're wrong about everything. (But so am I). Architects of our own beliefs ; Be careful what you believe ; The dangers of pure certainty ; Manson's Law of Avoidance ; Kill yourself ; How to be a little less certain of yourself -- Chapter 7. Failure is the way forward. The failure/success paradox ; Pain is part of the process ; The "do something" principle -- Chapter 8. The importance of saying no. Rejection makes your life better ; Boundaries ; How to build trust ; Freedom through commitment -- Chapter 9. ... And then you die. Something beyond our selves ; The sunny side of death.
- In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger shows us that the key to being happier is to stop trying to be 'positive' all the time and instead become better at handling adversity. For decades we've been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. But those days are over. 'Fuck positivity, ' Mark Manson says. 'Let's be honest; sometimes things are fucked up and we have to live with it.' For the past few years, Manson--via his wildly popular blog--has been working on correcting our delusional expectations for ourselves and for the world. He now brings his hard-fought wisdom to this groundbreaking book. Manson makes the argument--backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes--that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to better stomach lemons. Human beings are flawed and limited--as he writes, 'Not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault.' Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. This, he says, is the real source of empowerment. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties--once we stop running from and avoiding, and start confronting painful truths--we can begin to find the courage and confidence we desperately seek. 'In life, we have a limited amount of fucks to give. So you must choose your fucks wisely.' Manson brings a much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor. This manifesto is a refreshing slap in the face for all of us so we can start to lead more contented, grounded lives
- Livsföring (sao)
- Självförverkligande (sao)
- Conduct of life (LCSH)
- Self-realization (LCSH)
- Self-actualization (Psychology) (LCSH)
- Conduct of life (LCSH)
- 158.1 (DDC)
- Dokb (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 13 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit