Things in motion : object itineraries in anthropological practice / edited by Rosemary A. Joyce and Susan D. Gillespie
Joyce, Rosemary A., 1956-
Gillespie, Susan D., 1952-
- ISBN 9781938645501
- First edition.
- Publicerad: Santa Fe, New Mexico : School for Advanced Research Press, 2015.
- Engelska ix, 284 pages
Serie: School for Advanced Research advanced seminar series
- Making things out of objects that move / Rosemary A. Joyce and Susan D. Gillespie -- Things in motion : itineraries of Ulua marble vases / Rosemary A. Joyce -- Journey's end : the travels of La Venta Offering 4 / Susan D. Gillespie -- Places to go and social worlds to constitute : the fractal itinerary of Tarascan obsidian idols in prehispanic Mexico / David L. Haskell -- Glass beads and global itineraries / Elliot H. Blair -- Stones in movement : tracing the itineraries of menhirs, stelae, and statue-menhirs in Iberian landscapes / Marta Díaz-Guardamino -- Geologies in motion : itineraries of stone, clay, and pots in the Lake Titicaca Basin / Andrew Roddick -- The kula of long-term loans : cultural object itineraries and the promise of the postcolonial "universal" museum / Alexander A. Bauer -- Healing space-time : medical performance and object itineraries on a Tanzanian landscape / Jonathan R. Walz -- Native basketry and the dynamics of social landscapes in southern New England / Heather Law Pezzarossi -- The living past : itineraries of Swift Creek images through wood, earthenware, and ether / Neill J. Wallis.
- "The contributors to Things in Motion, collectively, demonstrate the dynamic capacity of things in motion, from the point where things emerge from source material, to their circulation in the contemporary world, including their extended circulation through reproduction in other media. The various chapters show that examining the itineraries of things multiplies the assemblages things form and multiplies the sites at which we can recognize things in motion. None of the things discussed seem to ever have died. Their itineraries are continued by their movement in and out of museums and curation facilities, where many of them have come to rest temporarily, the circulation of their images, and their adaptation in sometimes unexpected contemporary material culture. Their itineraries also include the scholarship about them, to which this volume contributes, making it another site assembled by these active things"--Provided by publisher.
- Antiquities -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Art objects -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Material culture -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Movement (Philosophy) -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Travel -- Philosophy -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Space and time -- Philosophy -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Museums -- Curatorship -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Museum loans -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Archaeology -- Methodology -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Anthropology -- Methodology -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Anthropology -- Methodology. (fast)
- Antiquities. (fast)
- Archaeology -- Methodology. (fast)
- Art objects. (fast)
- Material culture. (fast)
- Movement (Philosophy) (fast)
- Museum loans. (fast)
- Museums -- Curatorship. (fast)
- Space and time -- Philosophy. (fast)
- Travel -- Philosophy. (fast)
- Conference papers and proceedings. (fast)
- CC175 (LCC)
- 930.1 (DDC)
- J (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Göteborgs universitetsbibliotek Humanistiska biblioteket (G)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalogFind@GU
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Beställd daw XG170328 MÅB