Drivetime : literary excursions in automotive consciousness / Lynne Pearce.
Pearce, Lynne (författare)
- ISBN 9780748690848
- Publicerad: Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 
- Engelska xiii, 216 pages
- What sorts of things do we think about when we're driving - or being driven - in a car? Drivetime seeks to answer this question by drawing upon a rich archive of British and American texts from 'the motoring century' (1900-2000), paying particular attention to the way in which the practice of driving shapes and structures our thinking. While recent sociological and psychological research has helped explain how drivers are able to think about 'other things' while performing such a complex task, little attention has, as yet, been paid to the form these cognitive and affective journeys take. Pearce uses her close readings of literary texts - ranging from early twentieth-century motoring periodicals, Modernist and inter-war fiction, American 'road-trip' classics, and autobiography - in order to model different types of 'driving-event' and, by extension, the car's use as a means of phenomenological encounter, escape from memory, meditation, problem-solving and daydreaming.
- Bilkörning (sao)
- Bilkörning i litteraturen (sao)
- Automobiles in literature. (LCSH)
- Automobile driving. (LCSH)
- Automobile driving. (fast)
- Automobiles in literature. (fast)
- Automobile driving (LCSH)
- PN56.A94 (LCC)
- 809.93356 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Lunds universitets bibliotek, HT-biblioteken, LUX-biblioteket (Humanist- och teologcentrum) (Lux)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.