Sermon on the Mount : restoring Christ's message to the modern church / Charles Quarles.
Quarles, Charles L. (Charles Leland) (författare)
- ISBN 9780805447156
- Publicerad: Nashville, Tennessee : B & H Academic, 
- Copyright: ©2011
- Engelska xv, 381 pages
Serie: NAC studies in Bible & theology ; vol. 11
- Relaterad länk:
http://catdir.loc.go... (Contributor biographical information)
http://catdir.loc.go... (Publisher description)
- A Brief History of Interpretation -- The Relationship to the Sermon on the Plain -- The Structure of the Sermon on the Mount -- The Theological Framework for Understanding the Sermon on the Mount -- The Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount -- The Body of the Sermon: Superior Righteousness -- The Conclusion to the Sermon.
- "Matthew 5-7, popularly known as the Sermon on the Mount, has been described as 'the essence of Christianity' and inspired many commentaries. However, New Testament professor Charles Quarles believes a fair number of those volumes either present Christ's sermon as containing an impossible spiritual ethic or instead dilute its message so much that hardly any ethical challenge remains. Also concerning, a recent Gallup poll indicated only one third of American adults recognize Jesus as the source of this teaching that has often inspired people who do not even embrace evangelical Christianity. Quarles' new analysis, part of the New American Commentary Studies in Bible & Theology series, aims to fill the gap between these extremes by dealing with the important questions of whether believers can live by the Sermon on the Mount today, and, if so, how. Looking at the Beatitudes, what it means to be salt and light, and the demand for superior righteousness, he writes to restore this crucial section of our Lord's teaching to its proper place in His church"--Publisher description.
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Sermon on the mount -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Sermon on the mount.
- BT380.3 (LCC)
- 226.906 (DDC)
- Ccbaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit