Introduction to sustainability / Robert Brinkmann.
Brinkmann, Robert, 1961- (author.)
- ISBN 9781118487259
- Publicerad: Hoboken, NJ : Wiley Blackwell, 2016.
- Engelska xix,311 pages
- Roots of the modern sustainability movement -- Understanding natural systems -- Measuring sustainability -- Energy -- Global climate change and greenhouse gas management -- Water -- Food and agriculture -- Green building -- Transportation -- Pollution and waste -- Environmental justice -- Sustainability planning and governance -- Sustainability, economics, and the global commons -- Corporate and organizational sustainability management -- Sustainability at universities, colleges, and schools.
- "Sustainability: An Introduction is the first textbook for introductory courses in the subject and pitched at advanced undergraduates from a broad variety of disciplines. The text provides a comprehensive review of sustainability using the three' e's' (environment, equity, and economic development) as the framework. While the main focus will be in the developed world there is also full discussion of sustainability issues in the developed world. Clearly structured into five clear sections the book takes an interdisciplinary approach to the subject in order to appeal to students taking courses within subjects such as Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering, Anthropology for example. Each part covers the core debate surrounding sustainability - understanding the roots of the subject; sustainability and resources; sustainability and communities; Green Economies and ustainability and international development. Opening with a discussion surrounding the roots of sustainability, global climate change is used as a way of placing the subject in context. The book then moves on to introduce the student to an overview of natural systems (biosphere; hydrosphere; soils and the interconnected nature of environmental systems). Latter chapters provide coverage of how sustainability is measured; the issues surrounding our resources and sustainability and closing with a selection of global case studies designed to highlight examples of international sustainability development projects"--
- Sustainable development. (LCSH)
- Economic development -- Environmental aspects. (LCSH)
- Economic development -- Environmental aspects. (fast)
- Sustainable development. (fast)
- Hållbar utveckling (sao)
- Sustainable development (LCSH)
- HC79.E5 (LCC)
- 333.72 (DDC)
- Qadn (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit