Multiple teachers in biblical texts / [edited by] B.J. Koet and A.L.H.M. van Wieringen.
Koet, B. J. (Bart J.) (redaktör/utgivare)
Wieringen, A. L. H. M. van (Archibald L. H. M.), 1963- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9789042935426
- Publicerad: Leuven : Peeters, 2017
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska ix, 250 pages
Serie: Contributions to biblical exegesis & theology ; 88
- In search of teachers and disciples / Bart J. Koet, Archibald L.H.M. van Wieringen -- Moses as a teacher in the narration about the gold bullock: a communication-oriented exegesis of Exodus 32 / Piet J. van Midden, Archibald L.H.M. van Wieringen -- The text as our teacher: participant tracking in Psalm 64 / Christiaan Erwich, Eep Talstra -- Coping with Hellenistic neighbours: Psalms 137-145: an initiation into royal warriorship / Harm W.M. van Grol -- God as the wise teacher in Job / Sehoon Jang -- The triple-layered communication in the book of Amos and its message of non-appropriation theology / Archibald L.H.M. van Wieringen -- Multiple teachers and disciples in Mt 8-9 / Solomon Pasala -- Multiple communication layers and the enigma of the last judgment (Matt 25,31-46) / Laurí Thuré́n -- A tale of two teachers: Jesus about Jesus and John the Baptist (Luke 7,18-35) / Bart J. Loet -- Education and teaching in John's gospel / Jan van der Watt -- Paul as a recipient and teacher of tradition / Peter J. Tomson -- Hillel as a teacher: sayings and narratives / Eric Ottenheim -- Religious teachers and students on biblical teaching and discipleship: an account of a recent exploration / Toke Elshof.
- Back cover: On the one hand there is a hot discussion on learning nowadays. On the other hand, in theological research, the interest in initiation and mystagogy as an ongoing process of learning, has been studied for the past decades: the initiated one is taught and he/she is therefore part of a teacher-disciple-process. This evokes the question whether relations and communication, especially between teacher and pupil, can be found in the Bible as well. Either implicitly or explicitly, the roles of teacher and disciple are a part of biblical traditions, although often neglected in biblical exegesis. This volume explores the roles of teacher and disciple from a textual perspective. Various biblical texts from the Torah, the Psalms, the Prophets, the Wisdom Literature, the Gospels, and the Letters as well as the Rabbinic Literature are dealt with. A reflection on religious teachers from the perspective of biblical teaching and discipleship concludes this volume.
- Discipling (Christianity) (LCSH)
- Teacher-student relationships -- Biblical teaching. (LCSH)
- Discipling (Christianity) (fast)
- Lärare och elever i Bibeln (sao)
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Bible -- Criticism, Narrative.
- Bible -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- New Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- BS521.7 (LCC)
- BS (ämneskategori)
- 220.6 (DDC)
- Cc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Lunds universitets bibliotek, HT-biblioteken, LUX-biblioteket (Humanist- och teologcentrum) (Lux)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.