Foundations of character and personality : an introduction to the psychology of social adjustment / [by] George Herbert Betts, Northwestern University ; edited by Raymond A. Kent, University of Louisville.
Betts, George Herbert, 1868-1934 (author.)
Kent, Raymond Asa, 1883-1943 (editor.)
- Publicerad: Indianapolis ; Bobbs-Merrill Company, 1937.
- Engelska xii, 371 pages
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- Meaning of character and personality -- Social adjustment and mastery -- Maladjusted personalities -- The perverse personality -- Physical foundations of personality -- Selective response in social situations -- Basic motives in conduct -- Early patterns of social behavior -- Attitudes as motives -- Ideals as motives -- Beliefs and knowledge as motives -- Social codes as standards of behavior -- Self-criticism and moral compulsion -- Integration of character and personality.
- "The present volume reflects clearly the results of the work of the years which Dr. Betts devoted to psychology in its relation to personality, to the field of general education with particular reference to social aims and objectives, and to the study and interpretation of religion in terms of its contribution to the same ends. A little more than a decade ago the term character education came into rather general use, and a movement was initiated which sought to secure greater emphasis in education upon personality and character. Doctor Betts was one of the pioneers in this movement and entered upon the task of a scientific study of the problem involved. He carried on a number of inquiries for the collection of data and was instrumental in directing some experimental work in the field. This book discusses character education"--Introduction. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2015 APA, all rights reserved).
- Character. (LCSH)
- Personality. (LCSH)
- Social psychology. (LCSH)
- Character. (MeSH)
- Personality. (MeSH)
- Psychology, Social. (MeSH)
- BF698 (LCC)
- 159.923 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit