School guidance and personnel services [Elektronisk resurs] / [by] Francis C. Rosecrance [and] Velma D. Hayden.
Rosecrance, Francis C. (författare)
Hayden, Velma Denison. (författare)
- Boston : Allyn and Bacon, 1960.
- Engelska 373 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- "The authors believe that there is an important guidance role in the schools for the teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors, who may be classed as 'generalists,' and that there is also a role for the trained 'specialists.' Each is indispensable to the work of the other. The teacher, working daily with young people to help them make the most of themselves, can identify difficulties and potentialities, and in addition know when to call in the school nurse, the doctor, the visiting teacher or school social worker, the school psychologist, and the psychiatrist. It is the hope of the authors that this book will make clear to teachers what the function of guidance services really is in our schools, and how teachers are involved in these services, since specialists are in many ways dependent on these teachers. It is also hoped that this book may help pupil personnel workers to see more clearly their roles and the relationship of the work of each to the services performed by other staff members. With the need today for balance between the humanities and social sciences on the one hand and science and technology on the other, between general education and specialized training, and between individualized instruction and mass education, this is no small task. Generalists and specialists need to catch a vision of a comprehensive service for all youth, extending from early childhood to young adulthood"--Preface. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2012 APA, all rights reserved).
- Counseling in elementary education. (LCSH)
- Educational counseling. (LCSH)
- Psychology, Educational (MeSH)
- LB1027.5 (LCC)
- 371./422 (DDC)
- Ex (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit