An introduction to physical anthropology [Elektronisk resurs].
- Montagu, Ashley, 1905-1999. (författare)
Alternativt namn: Ashley-Montagu, Montague Francis, 1905-1999
Alternativt namn: Montagu, M. F. Ashley, 1905-1999
- 3rd ed.
- Springfield, Ill. : Thomas, 
- Engelska 771 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- "The data of physical anthropology continues to enlarge and accumulate at an accelerating rate. The nine years that have elapsed since the publication of the second edition in 1951 has witnessed some striking developments which have led to the re-evaluation of many once-solidly entrenched ideas. There has been a healthy shift of interest away from the statics of the subject to a dynamic functional approach. This is particularly evident in the micro-evolutionary studies of human populations which have begun to make their appearance. The call for a new edition has enabled me to incorporate some of these changes in the present volume. A great portion of the book has been rewritten, and many new illustrations, tables, and references added. As in the earlier editions it has been my object to make the subject matter of physical anthropology readably comprehensible to the beginning student"--Preface. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2010 APA, all rights reserved).
- Physical anthropology. (LCSH)
- Anthropology, Physical (MeSH)
- GN60 (LCC)
- 573 (DDC)
- Ug.033 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit