Student guidance techniques [Elektronisk resurs] : a handbook for counselors in high schools and colleges / by Donald G. Paterson ... Gwendolen G. Schneidler ... and Edmund G. Williamson ...
Paterson, Donald Gildersleeve, 1892- (författare)
Schneidler, Gwendolen Goette, 1910- (joint author.)
Williamson, E. G. (Edmund Griffith), 1900- (författare)
- 1st ed.
- New York ; McGraw-Hill, 1938.
- Engelska xviii, 316 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- "The guidance movement has reached the stage where individual diagnosis is now recognized as an essential first step in the development of an adequate guidance service for youth. The mere recognition of this fact, however, does not guarantee the translation of the idea into practice. Workers everywhere seem to be groping for the necessary technical knowledge. They are seeking dependable ways and means of diagnosing abilities, aptitudes, interests and personality characteristics which may be put at the disposal of those who desire to develop their educational and vocational plans on a rational basis of fact rather than on the irrational basis of ambition, hope and wishful thinking. The contents of this handbook, it is hoped, will partially meet this need. In June, 1935, the authors prepared a mimeographed edition to meet the local needs of faculty counselors at the University of Minnesota. In spite of the fact that this edition was written specifically for faculty counselors in a typical Midwestern university, the number of calls for it from guidance workers in other colleges and universities and even in other types of schools quickly exhausted the limited number available. In response to this demand, the authors have completely revised the mimeographed edition and have broadened its scope to cover guidance techniques in junior and senior high schools as well as at the college level. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2006 APA, all rights reserved)"--Preface.
- Educational counseling. (LCSH)
- Mental tests (LCSH)
- Ability -- Testing (LCSH)
- Vocational education (LCSH)
- Vocational Guidance. (MeSH)
- Intelligence Tests. (MeSH)
- LB1027 (LCC)
- 370.15 (DDC)
- Eaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit