Reason, the only oracle of man, or, A compendious system of natural religion [Elektronisk resurs] / by Ethan Allen. To which is added, Critical remarks on the truth and harmony of the four Gospels : with observations on the instructions given by Jesus Christ, and the doctrines of Christianity / by a free thinker.
Allen, Ethan, 1738-1789. (författare)
Verk som ingår i eller hör samman med denna titel
- Free-thinker. : Critical remarks on the truth and harmony of the four Gospels. 1836.
- New York : G.W. & A.J. Matsell ; 1836.
- Engelska 106, 70, 4 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- "Col. Allen composed the following work; which, on account of the bold and unusual manner, particularly in this country, that the subject of religion is treated, he had great difficulty to get published. The author explains, "I have generally been denominated a Deist, the reality of which I never disputed, being conscious I am no Christian, except mere infant baptism make me one; and as to being a Deist, I know not, strictly speaking, whether I am one or not, for I have never read their writings; mine will therefore determine the matter; for I have not in the least disguised my sentiments, but have written freely without any conscious knowledge of prejudice for, or against any man, sectary or party whatever; but wish that good sense, truth and virtue may be promoted and flourish in the world, to the detection of delusion, superstition, and false religion: and therefore any errors in the succeeding treatise, which may be rationally pointed out, will be readily rescinded"--Preface. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2008 APA, all rights reserved).
- Rationalism -- Early works to 1800. (LCSH)
- Natural theology -- Early works to 1800. (LCSH)
- Religion and Science (MeSH)
- Theology (MeSH)
- Jesus Christ -- Rationalistic interpretations -- Early works to 1800.
- BL2773 (LCC)
- 210 (DDC)
- C:d (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit