Addressing cultural complexities in practice : assessment, diagnosis, and therapy / Pamela A. Hays, Kenaitze Tribe's Dena'ina Wellness Center.
Hays, Pamela A. (författare)
- ISBN 9781433821448
- Third Edition.
- Publicerad: Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 2016
- Engelska vii, 355 pages)
- Becoming a culturally responsive therapist -- Making meaningful connections -- Sorting things out -- Beyond the treatment manuals.
- "In an increasingly diverse society, psychotherapists must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of clients, each of whom has been shaped by a different mix of cultural and social influences. Pamela Hays' popular bestseller invites readers to move beyond a one-dimensional view of identity to a nuanced understanding of the factors that enable therapist and client to interact productively. Her "ADDRESSING" framework encompasses: age and generational influences, developmental or other disability, religion and spirituality, ethnic and racial identity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, indigenous heritage, national origin, and gender. The book discusses cultural considerations as therapists typically encounter them, that is, during the chronological flow of clinical work. The author's integrated approach, grounded in the research literature, considers the complexities of real-life clinical practice. In this new edition, readers will find up-to-date information on the DSM-5, ICD-10, and upcoming ICD-11, as well as new sections on working with people in poverty, children, and transgender people; trauma-informed care; and the applications of mindfulness. The practical suggestions and tools in this book apply to assessment, testing, diagnosis, and psychotherapy and are illustrated with a rich variety of case examples. Each chapter ends with a Key Ideas summary and a Practice Exercise that can be used in education and supervision"--Publicity materials. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved).
- Psykoterapi (sao)
- Psykologisk rådgivning (sao)
- Kulturskillnader (sao)
- Cross-cultural counseling. (LCSH)
- Psychotherapy. (LCSH)
- Culturally Competent Care. (MeSH)
- Psychotherapy (LCSH)
- Mental health counseling (LCSH)
- BF636.7.C76 (LCC)
- 158.3 (DDC)
- Dok (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit