Jesus before the gospels : how the earliest Christians remembered, changed, and invented their stories of the Savior / Bart D. Ehrman
Ehrman, Bart D. (författare)
- ISBN 9780062285201
- San Francisco : HarperOne, cop. 2016
- Engelska 326 pages
- Oral traditions and oral inventions -- The history of invention -- Eyewitness testimonies and our surviving gospels -- Distorted memories and the death of Jesus -- Distorted memories and the life of Jesus -- Collective memory: our earliest gospel of mark -- The kaleidoscopic memories of Jesus: John, Thomas, and a range of others -- A paean to memory.
- "Throughout much of human history, our most important stories were passed down orally--including the stories about Jesus before they became written down in the Gospels. In this fascinating and deeply researched work, leading Bible scholar Bart D. Erhman investigates the role oral history has played in the New Testament--how the telling of these stories not only spread Jesus message but helped shape it. A master explainer of Christian history, texts, and traditions, Ehrman draws on a range of disciplines, including psychology and anthropology, to examine the role of memory in the creation of the Gospels. Explaining how oral tradition evolves based on the latest scientific research, he demonstrates how the act of telling and retelling impacts the story, the storyteller, and the listenercrucial insights that challenge our typical historical understanding of the silent period between when Jesus lived and died and when his stories began to be written down." --Amazon.com.
- Jesu liv (sao)
- Jesus Christ -- Historicity.
- Jesus Christ -- Biography -- Sources.
- 232.908 (DDC)
- Ccda (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 4 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit