Strategy and sustainability : a hardnosed and clear-eyed approach to environmental sustainability for business / Michael Rosenberg
Rosenberg, Michael (författare)
- ISBN 9781137501738
- Publicerad: New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Engelska 228 pages
- Machine generated contents note: -- 1. The Logic of Business -- 2. Modes of Response -- 3. Strategic Issues -- 4. Strategic Options -- 5. Environmental Interest Groups -- 6. Industry Examples -- 7. Regional Differences -- 8. What to Do?.
- "Business and environmental sustainability are not natural bedfellows. Business is about making money. Sustainability is about protecting the planet and the life forms on it. Business is measured in months, and quarters. Climate change, deforestation, and the reduction in biodiversity occur over decades or even centuries. Business is about maximising this year's profit. Sustainability often requires significant short term costs to secure a very long term benefit. It's difficult to bridge the gap. Strategy and Sustainability encourages its readers to move beyond the hype and takes a decidedly pro-business, fact based point of view, recognizing the complexity of the issues at hand and the strategic choices businesses can make. It blends the work of some of the leading academic thinkers in the field with practical examples from a variety of business sectors and geographies and offers a roadmap with which Sr. Management might think about engaging with the topic, not to save the planet but to fulfil its medium and long term responsibility to shareholders and other stakeholders"--
- Entrepreneurship. (LCSH)
- Sustainable development. (LCSH)
- Strategic planning. (LCSH)
- Environmentalism. (LCSH)
- 658.4/083 (DDC)
- Qbcem (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit