The soil and health : a study of organic agriculture / Sir Albert Howard ; assisted by Louise E. Howard.
Howard, Albert, Sir, 1873-1947 (author.)
Howard, Louise E., (co-author.)
- ISBN 978-1-84902-514-0
- [Oxford City, England] : Oxford City Press, ©2011.
- Engelska 299 pages, 15 pages of plates
- The part played by soil fertility in agriculture -- The operations of nature -- Systems of agriculture -- The maintenance of soil fertility in Great Britain -- Industrialism and the profit motive -- The intrusion of science -- Disease in present-day farming and gardening -- Some diseases of the soil -- The diseases of crops -- Disease and health in livestock -- Soil fertility and human health -- The nature of disease -- The problem of manuring -- Origins and scope of the problem -- The Indore process and its reception by the farming and gardening worlds -- The reception of the Indore process by the scientists -- A final survey.
- Sir Albert Howard presents a summary of his life's work in this book. Howard states "This law is true for soil, plant, animal, and man: the health of these four is one connected chain. Any weakness or defect in the health of any earlier link in the chain is carried on to the next and succeeding links, until it reaches the last, namely, man." Howard's work, decades ahead of its time, provides an insight into how he realized the value of organic methods though he went to India intending to teach the use of chemical fertilizers and chemical pest control. This text has been published under the title "The Soil and Health" and also under the title "Farming and Gardening for Health or Disease".
- Ekologiskt lantbruk (sao)
- Ekologisk trädgårdsodling (sao)
- Växtsjukdomar (sao)
- Organic farming. (LCSH)
- Organic gardening. (LCSH)
- Plant diseases. (LCSH)
- Organic farming. (fast)
- Organic gardening. (fast)
- Plant diseases. (fast)
- Organic farming (LCSH)
- Plant diseases (LCSH)
- Organic gardening (LCSH)
- 631.584 (DDC)
- Qddb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit