Criteria for evaluation of truck weight enforcement programs / Hugh G. Downs.
Downs, Hugh G. (författare)
- National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board. (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Transportation Research Board
- ISBN 0309032717
- Washington : Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, 1981
- Engelska 74 s.
Serie: Synthesis of highway practice / National cooperative highway research program, 0547-5570 ; 82
- The purpose of a truck weighing program is to enforce legal load limits and thus prevent trucks from damaging highways and bridges. Essential to truck weight enforcement is the effective combination and deployment of the various types of scales (permanent, portable and semiportable). Each state needs to evaluate its truck weight enforcement program, beginning with cooperation within and among agencies involved. Each state needs to determine the most effective enforcement procedures possible under the law in light of the existing facilities and available personnel and with minimal expenditures for additional facilities and equipment. Long range goals are also necessary along with methods for measuring the effectiveness of truck weight enforcement programs. Weight law enforcement is similar to speed enforcement: violators will be deterred as long as enforcement is consistent and effective.
- Trucks -- Weight -- Government policy -- United States -- Evaluation. (LCSH)
- 388.3/24 (DDC)
- Pradd (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Lunds universitets bibliotek, V-husets bibliotek, LTH (Ltv)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Rapporter NCHRP (TRB)