Routledge handbook of sport and legacy : meeting the challenge of major sports events / edited by Richard Holt and Dino Ruta.
Holt, Richard, 1948-
- ISBN 9780415675819 (Hardback)
- 1st Edition.
- Publicerad: New York : Routledge, 2015
- Engelska 373 p.
- Part 1. Planning and governance of legacy: 1. A strategic and pluralistic approcach to legacy: the case of the Giro d'Italia -- 2. Economic legacy to cities of hosting mega sports events: a case study of Beijing 2008 -- 3. The 1908 Olympic Games: a case study in accidental and incidental legacies -- 4. A stakeholder analysis of the governance of the 2010 FIFA World Cup: a case study of the city of Cape Town -- 5. Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games: modes of legacy network governance -- Part 2. Urbanisation and legacy: 6. Sydney Olympic Park 2000 to 2010: a case study of legacy implementation over the longer term -- 7. Croke Park as a historic venue: combining national legacy with multiple use -- 8. The legacy of memory: the Stockholm and Helsinki Olympic stadia as living memorials -- 9. The legacy of the 2004 Olympics for the Athens transport system -- 10. Framing the future: sustainability, legacy and the 2012 London games -- Part 3. Social and cultural legacies: 11. Paralympic legacy: what legacy? -- 12. A lost legacy of fraternity: the case of European youth football -- 13. Cultural Olympiad or an Olympics for cultural regeneration? "Torino 2006" and its legacy -- 14. Major sporting events and long-lasting tourism impacts: 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany -- 15. A socially responsible business legacy: raising standards in procurement, supply chains and employment at the London Olympics of 2012 -- Part 4. Human capital and legacy: 16. City capacity building: preparing to exploit the legacy of a large-scale sports event: the case of Valencia and the 2007 America's Cup -- 17. Transferring knowledge, know-how and capability: managing and sharing knowledge for future events -- 18. From the first soccer women's world championship in 1991 to the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008: how capacity-building in small scale tournaments can help win mega-event bids -- 19. Learning disability sport, volunteers and legacy: the case of Special Olympics Great Britain National Games 2009 -- 20. The impact of the Olympics on the high performance legacy of a host country -- Part 5. The politics and image of legacy: 21. The political and diplomatic legacy of the Montréal Olympics -- 22. Media, sport and memory: the mediated legacies of great sporting events -- 23. "Global visibility and prestige": the anticipated legacies of mega sporting events in the Gulf states -- 24. Modern temples of marble and concrete: the legacy of the unsuccessful Olympic ambition of Fascist Rome -- 25. The mixed legacy of Munich: the material, cultural and political consequences of the 1972 Olympic Games.
- Hosting of sporting events -- Planning -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Hosting of sporting events -- Economic aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Hosting of sporting events -- Social aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- GV716 (LCC)
- 338.47796 (DDC)
- P.04 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit