Shaken & Stirred : the feminism of James Bond / Robert A Caplen
Caplen, Robert A (författare)
- ISBN 9780985996116
- Rev. ed.
- [United States] : Robert A Caplen, 2012
- Engelska 443 pages
- Introducing James Bond: Ian Fleming and his feminine mystique -- Justifying James Bond: Taking 007 and Ian Fleming seriously -- The James Bond novels: women in print -- Before the Bond girl: women on film -- Introducing an archetype: Dr. No and From Russia with love -- A mystique of femininity: marriage, conformity, and a new voice -- Reinforcing an archetype: Goldfinger and Thunderball -- Shaken & stirred: the feminist and women's liberations movements in America -- Perpetuating an archetype: You only live twice and On Her Majesty's Secret Service -- Shaken, stirred, and undeterred: the antifeminism movement and backlash across America -- Refining an archetype: Diamonds are forever, Live and let die, and The man with the golden gun -- Reconsidering an archetype: The spy who loved me and Moonraker -- Reconciling an archetype: a quantum of solace for the next generation.
- "Shaken & stirred: the feminism of James Bond, the unofficial and independent first chapter in the Bond Girl's evolutionary journey, argues that the character initially served as a different archetype: one that reinforced a traditional, feminine ideal that served as a powerful reactionary symbol against the gender equality movement that gained prominence in the United States during the 1960s and 1970s. Shaken & stirred: the feminism of James Bond provides a glimpse into "second wave" feminism, the Women's Liberation Movement, and cultural representations of women during the latter half of the American twentieth century through a Bondian lens. It traces the evolutionary journey of the cinematic Bond Girl and assesses her cultural impact, revealing who she is and what she represents during the first eleven films in the James Bond franchise, a seventeen-year period described as the Golden Era of the Bond Girl, and beyond."--Back cover.
- James Bond films -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Feminism in literature. (LCSH)
- Women in literature. (LCSH)
- Women in motion pictures. (LCSH)
- Archetypes in literature. (LCSH)
- Fleming, Ian, 1908-1964 -- Characters -- James Bond
- Bond, James (Fictitious character)
- 791.436556 (DDC)
- 305.4 (DDC)
- Imbad (kssb/8)
- Ohja (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit