Automotive ergonomics [Elektronisk resurs] driver-vehicle interaction / edited by Nikolaos Gkikas.
- ISBN 9781439894279
- Publicerad: Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2013
- Engelska xi, 182 p.
Läs hela texten (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- ch.1 . Automotive ergonomics : 20 years on / Nikolaos Gkikas -- ch. 2. Digital human modelling (DHM) in the automotive industry / Bryan Beeney and Julie Charland -- ch. 3. Are you sitting comfortably? : a guide to occupant packaging in automotive design / Paul Herriotts and Paul Johnson -- ch. 4. IVIS, ADAS, OODA : joining the loops / Nick Reed -- ch. 5. Ergonomics issues with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) / Mark S. Young -- ch. 6. Human response to vehicle vibration / Neil J. Mansfield -- ch. 7. Thermal environments and vehicles / Simon Hodder -- ch. 8. Driving posture and healthy design / Diane Elizabeth Gyi -- ch. 9. The essential realism of driving simulators for research and training / Andrew Parkes -- ch. 10. Human-machine interaction (HMI) in the time of electric vehicles / Nikolaos Gkikas.
- "The name of Karl Benz, one of the father figures in the automotive industry, is quoted more than once in this book. This is not only because of his undoubted contribution during the initial phase of developments, but also because of the contrast of expectations by key figures such as himself against the established beliefs and practices of today. Common perception of what the automobile is and whom it is addressed to was significantly different back then. From the very few who could afford and the handful of those skilled enough to control such machines, within a few decades we were led to the generalization of the automobile, first in the US, then in Europe and post-WWII Japan"--
- Human-computer interaction. (LCSH)
- Automobiles -- Design and construction. (LCSH)
- Design -- Human factors. (LCSH)
- Automobile driving -- Physiological aspects. (LCSH)
- Electronic books. (LCSH)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit