Africana cultures and policy studies : scholarship and the transformation of public policy / edited by Zachery Williams.
Williams, Zachery, 1974-
- ISBN 9780230602809 (hbk)
- 1st ed.
- Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, c2009.
- Engelska x, 281 p.
Serie: Contemporary Black history
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Contributor biographical information)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Publisher description)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Table of contents only)
- The fields and functions of African American studies and public policy / Nathaniel Norment Jr. -- A law unto themselves : historical consequences and cultural realities from the neglect of Africana studies in policymaking processes / Seneca Vaught -- Framing the discussion of racism / Wornie Reed -- The wire : media placement and postindustrial landscapes / Robert Smith and Debra Smith -- Institutionalized terror : a social systems analysis of police brutality / Loretta Prater -- African American administration of predominately Black schools : segregation or emancipation in Omaha, NE / Tekla Ali Johnson ... [et al.] -- Born to rebel and born to excel : Black religious intellectuals, Benjamin E. Mays, and the development of Black male leadership / Zachery Williams -- America has the laws and material resources to insure justice for all : historical trajectory of legal critique and experiential voice in Black women's political activism / Greg Childs -- The policy of dating : the effect of romantic relationships on African American adolescents / Kenyatta Phelps ... [et al.] -- Gender and culture : the shaping of British colonial educational policy in West Africa / Tara Jabbaar-Gyambrah -- A history of Black immigration into the United States and Canada with culture and policy implications / Babacar M'Baye, Amoaba Gooden, and Wendy Wilson-Fall -- Speaking of Africa and singing of home : the trope of Africa in African American historiography / Tim Lake.
- African Americans -- Government policy. (LCSH)
- African Americans -- Politics and government. (LCSH)
- African Americans -- Social conditions -- 1975- (LCSH)
- United States -- Race relations. (LCSH)
- E185.86 (LCC)
- 305.896073 (DDC)
- Mp (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit