Critical approaches to comparative education [Elektronisk resurs] : Vertical case studies from Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas / Edited by Frances Vavrus, Lesley Bartlett.
- Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Engelska 272 p.
Serie: International and development education
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- PART I: APPROPRIATING EDUCATIONAL POLICIES AND PROGRAMS * Localizing No Child Left Behind: Supplemental Educational Services (SES) in New York City * The Decalage and Bricolage of Higher Education Policymaking in an Inter/national System: The Unintended Consequences of Participation in the 1992 Senegalese CNES Reform * AIDS and Edutainment: Inter/National Health Education in Tanzanian Secondary Schools * PART II: EXPLORING PARTICIPATION IN INTER/NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DISCOURSE * Questioning Participation: Exploring Discourses and Practices of Community Participation in Education Reform in Tanzania * Living Participation: Considering the Promise and Politics of Participatory Educational Reforms in Brazil * Transformative Teaching in Restrictive Times: Engaging Teacher Participation in Small School Reform during an Era of Standardization * PART III: EXAMINING THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF DIVERSITY * "Migration Nation": Intercultural Education and Anti-Racism as Symbolic Violence in Celtic Tiger Ireland * "Don't You Want Your Child to Be Better than You?": Enacting Ideologies and Contesting Intercultural Policy in Peru * Citizenship and Belonging in an Age of Insecurity: Pakistani Immigrant Youth in New York City * PART IV: MANAGING CONFLICT THROUGH INTER/NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT EDUCATION * The Relief-Development Transition: Sustainability and Educational Support in Post-Conflict Settings * Perpetuated Suffering: Social Injustice in Liberian Teachers' Lives * Positioning Arabic in Schools: Language Policy, National Identity, and Development in Contemporary Lebanon.
- This book unites a dynamic group of scholars who examine linkages among local, national, and international levels of educational policy and practice.
- Comparative education. (LCSH)
- Education and state. (LCSH)
- Organization & management of education. (bicssc)
- Education. (eflch)
- JNK (ämneskategori)
- EDU (ämneskategori)
- 370.9 (DDC)
- Em:k (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.