Gender politics in post-communist Eurasia / edited by Linda Racioppi and Katherine O'Sullivan See.
See, Katherine O'Sullivan.
- ISBN 978-0-87013-866-9 (pbk alk paper)
- East Lansing, Mich. : Michigan State University Press, c2009.
- Engelska viii, 315 p.
Serie: Eurasian political economy and public policy studies series
- Democratization, nationalism, and citizenship : the challenge of gender / Barbara Einhorn -- The influence of European Union legislation on gender equality in Central and Eastern Europe / Amanda Sloat -- Public policies as vehicles of social exclusion : the case of Romani women's access to reproductive health in Romania / Enikö Magyari-Vincze -- Human trafficking in the twenty-first century : implications for Russia, Europe, and the world / Mary Buckley -- Gender politics in Russia / Nadezda Shvedova -- The past as prologue? : challenging the myth of the subordinated, docile woman in muslim Central Eurasia / Timur Kocaoglu -- Gender politics in transitional societies : a comparative perspective on Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan / Ay'e Günes?-Ayata and Ayça Ergun -- Labor migration in Central Asia : gender challenges / Eleonora Fayzullaeva -- The complexity and multiplicity of gender identities in Central Asia : the case of Tajikistan / Zulaikho Usmanova.
- "Re?ecting on two decades of experience, Gender Politics in Post-Communist Eurasia offers new and important insights into contemporary global gender politics by leading scholars from Central Asia, Europe, and the United States - into the contemporary dynamics of gender politics in a critical area of the world." "The volume includes case studies of Romania, Russia, and Tajikistan; comparative analyses of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan; and regional examinations of Eastern and Central Europe and Central Asia. The interdisciplinary contributions focus on issues such as the in?uence of global and regional norms on women's rights, the impact of international political economy on women's social and economic positions, and the implications of international and regional migration and human traf?cking for women's lives." "Gender Politics in Post-Communist Eurasia provides wide-ranging analyses that capture the distinctiveness of speci?c countries and regions while illuminating the interplay between the local and the global in gender politics."--BOOK JACKET.
- Feminism -- Östeuropa (sao)
- Women -- Europe, Eastern. (LCSH)
- Women -- Asia, Central. (LCSH)
- Sex role -- Europe, Eastern. (LCSH)
- Sex role -- Asia, Central. (LCSH)
- Women's rights -- Europe, Eastern. (LCSH)
- Women's rights -- Asia, Central. (LCSH)
- Post-communism -- Europe, Eastern. (LCSH)
- Post-communism -- Asia, Central. (LCSH)
- HQ1590.7 (LCC)
- 305.4209509/045 (DDC)
- Ohja (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit