Structural wood design [Elektronisk resurs] : a practice-oriented approach using the ASD method / Abi Aghayere, Jason Vigil.
Aghayere, Abi O. (författare)
Vigil, Jason, 1974- (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-470-25979-5
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley, c2007.
- Engelska 1 online resource (xii, 396 p.)
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts) (John Wiley)
- Preface. Chapter one INTRODUCTION: WOOD PROPERTIES, SPECIES, AND GRADES. 1.1 Introduction. 1.2 Typical Structural Components of Wood Buildings. 1.3 Typical Structural Systems in Wood Buildings. 1.4 Wood Structural Properties. 1.5 Factors Affecting Wood Strength. 1.6 Lumber Grading. 1.7 Shrinkage of Wood. 1.8 Density of Wood. 1.9 Units of Measurement. 1.10 Building Codes. Chapter two INTRODUCTION TO STRUCTURAL DESIGN LOADS. 2.1 Design Loads. 2.2 Dead Loads. 2.3 Tributary Widths and Areas. 2.4 Live Loads. 2.5 Deflection Criteria. 2.6 Lateral Loads. Chapter three ALLOWABLE STRESS DESIGN METHOD FOR SAWN LUMBER AND GLUED LAMINATED TIMBER. 3.1 Allowable Stress Design Method. 3.2 Glued Laminated Timber. 3.3 Allowable Stress Calculation Examples. 3.4 Load Combinations and the Governing Load Duration Factor. Chapter four DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF BEAMS AND GIRDERS. 4.1 Design of Joists, Beams, and Girders. 4.2 Analysis of Joists, Beams, and Girders. 4.3 Sawn Lumber Decking. 4.4 Miscellaneous Stresses in Wood Members. 4.5 Preengineered Lumber Headers. 4.6 Flitch Beams. 4.7 Floor Vibrations. Chapter five WOOD MEMBERS UNDER AXIAL AND BENDING LOADS. 5.1 Introduction. 5.2 Pure Axial Tension: Case 1.5.3 Axial Tension plus Bending: Case 2.5.4 Pure Axial Compression: Case 3.5.5 Axial Compression plus Bending: Case 4.5.6 Practical Considerations for Roof Truss Design. Chapter six ROOF AND FLOOR SHEATHING UNDER VERTICAL AND LATERAL LOADS (HORIZONTAL DIAPHRAGMS).6.1 Introduction. 6.2 Roof Sheathing: Analysis and Design. 6.3 Floor Sheathing: Analysis and Design. 6.4 Panel Attachment. 6.5 Horizontal Diaphragms. Chapter seven VERTICAL DIAPHRAGMS UNDER LATERAL LOADS (SHEAR WALLS).7.1 Introduction. 7.2 Shear Wall Analysis. 7.3 Shear Wall Design Procedure. 7.4 Combined Shear and Uplift in Wall Sheathing. Chapter eight CONNECTIONS. 8.1 Introduction. 8.2 Design Strength. 8.3 Adjustment Factors for Connectors. 8.4 Base Design Values: Laterally Loaded Connectors. 8.5 Base Design Values: Connectors Loaded in Withdrawal. 8.6 Combined Lateral and Withdrawal Loads. 8.7 Preengineered Connectors. 8.8 Practical Considerations. Chapter nine BUILDING DESIGN CASE STUDY. 9.1 Introduction. 9.2 Gravity Loads. 9.3 Seismic Lateral Loads. 9.4 Wind Loads. 9.5 Components and Cladding Wind Pressures. 9.6 Roof Framing Design. 9.7 Second Floor Framing Design. 9.8 Design of a Typical Ground Floor Column. 9.9 Design of a Typical Exterior Wall Stud. 9.10 Design of Roof and Floor Sheathing. 9.11 Design of Wall Sheathing for Lateral Loads. 9.12 Overturning Analysis of Shear Walls: Shear Wall Chord Forces. 9.13 Forces in Horizontal Diaphragm Chords, Drag Struts, and Lap Splices. 9.14 Design of Shear Wall Chords. 9.15 Construction Documents. Appendix A Weights of Building Materials. Appendix B Design Aids. Index.
- "To fully understand structural design in wood, it is not sufficient to consider the individual components in isolation. Structural Wood Design: A Practice-Oriented Approach Using the ASD Method offers an integrative approach to structural wood design that considers the design of the individual wood members in the context of the complete wood structure so that all of the structural components and connectors work together in providing strength. Holistic, practical, and code-based, this text provides the reader with knowledge of all the essentials of structural wood designs."--Jacket.
- Wood. (LCSH)
- Building, Wooden. (LCSH)
- Bois. (Vedettes-matière)
- Construction en bois. (Vedettes-matière)
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Structural (bisacsh)
- Electronic books.
- TA419 (LCC)
- TEC (ämneskategori)
- 624.1/84 (DDC)
- Ppacb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.