Crisis management in the tourism industry : beating the odds? / edited by Christof Pforr, Peter Hosie.
Hosie, Peter, 1957-
- ISBN 9780754673804 (alk paper)
- Farnham, England ; Ashgate, c2009.
- Engelska xiv, 249 p.
Serie: New directions in tourism analysis
- Relaterad länk:
http://catdir.loc.go... (Table of contents only)
- 1. Introduction: Beating the Odds? / Christof Pforr and Peter Hosie -- 2. Crisis Management and Security: Strategise versus Improvise in a Turbulent Environment / Bella Butler -- 3. From Conception to Implementation: Towards a Crisis Management Framework / Samir Ranjan Chatterjee and Cecil Arthur Leonard Pearson -- 4. Crisis Management in Tourism: A Review of the Emergent Literature / Christof Pforr -- 5. Tourism Crisis Management, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning / Deborah Blackman and Brent W. Ritchie -- 6. Human Resource Development: Proactive Preparation to Manage Crises / Peter Hosie -- 7. Vulnerability Analysis and Sustainability in Tourism: Lessons from Phuket / Alan Nankervis -- 8. Terrorism, Tourism, Wellbeing and Sense of Security: The Case of Australia / Alfred Michael Dockery -- 9. Disaster Response and Tourism Recovery Strategies in the Maldives / Jack Carlsen -- 10. Training for Crises Responses: A Case Study of Chinese Medical Professionals / Cecil Arthur Leonard Pearson and Samir Ranjan Chatterjee -- 11. Precautions Against Future Tsunamis: A Case Study of Galle District, Sri Lanka / Acushla Felix, Ross K. Dowling and Raguragavan Ganeshasundaram -- 12. Exploration of Risk Management Strategies in Regional Tourism Businesses: The Case of the Eurobodalla Region / Tracey J. Dickson -- 13. Crisis and Post-Crisis Tourism Destination Recovery Marketing Strategies / David Beirman -- 14. Conclusion: Beating the Odds! / Peter Hosie and Christof Pforr.
- "As an industry, tourism is particularly susceptible to outside events producing negative consumer perceptions, putting the sector under almost constant threat of a crisis. An important challenge facing tourism is the anticipation of the threat of crises precipitated by natural and people-made catastrophes, and being adequately prepared for them. Significant increases in the incidence of global terrorism, serious criminal activities, and the ever-present threat of natural catastrophes have emphasised the need for businesses to prepare for managing crises." "By discussing, analysing and synthesising the literature on crisis management, the authors debate how businesses can become more proactive in preparing for and dealing with crises in the tourism industry. They argue that the preparation stage of crisis management in tourism is a key to improving businesses' capacity to manage crises as well as to provide a safe working environment for employees."--Jacket.
- Krishantering (sao)
- Turism (sao)
- Tourism -- Management. (LCSH)
- Crisis management. (LCSH)
- Tourism (LCSH)
- Crisis management (LCSH)
- Aufsatzsammlung. (swd)
- 910.68/4 (DDC)
- 338.4791068 (DDC)
- N.02 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- Qm (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit