Risking NATO [electronic resource] : testing the limits of the Alliance in Afghanistan / Andrew R. Hoehn, Sarah Harting.
Hoehn, Andrew R. (författare)
Harting, Sarah. (författare)
- Rand Corporation (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Rand
Project Air Force (U.S.)
- ISBN 978-0-8330-5011-3 (pbk alk paper)
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2010.
- Engelska 1 online resource (xv, 91 p.)
Serie: Rand Corporation monograph series ; MG-974-AF
Läs hela texten (Fritt tillgänglig via RAND)
- Relaterad länk:
- Introduction -- The NATO that once was -- Redefining NATO's role : 9/11 to Afghanistan -- A greater role for NATO in Afghanistan -- Risking NATO in Afghanistan -- What might be next for NATO?.
- NATO's success in Afghanistan -- or lack thereof -- will have significant implications for the alliance itself. Success could promote the image of a capable global security alliance. Failure, or even an indeterminate outcome, would cloud the alliance's own future. The authors examine the risks, commitments, and obligations of the current mission in light of NATO's history and with an eye toward the future, as well as the effects on the alliance's internal dynamics. Drawing on a wide range of sources, the authors describe how NATO came to be involved, concerns and tensions that have developed over the investments and risks that member and nonmember states have in the operation, management of the expectations of nations and peoples, and the need for a coherent, comprehensive, and coordinated long-term strategy. The list of issues NATO faces is long and daunting and extends beyond the borders of the member countries. If the goal is indeed to look toward the future, however, the alliance must confront them; failure to do so would risk the long-term success and sustainability of the alliance.
- Counterinsurgency -- Afghanistan. (LCSH)
- HISTORY / General (bisacsh)
- Electronic books.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- Armed Forces -- Afghanistan.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- Armed Forces -- Operations other than war.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization -- Forecasting.
- UA646.3 (LCC)
- HIS (ämneskategori)
- 958.104/73091821 (DDC)
- Koal (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
SIPRI Library and Documentation Department, Biblioteket (Sipr)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Fri e-publikation