The business of sustainability [Elektronisk resurs] : Building industry cases for corporate sustainability / Edited by Ulrich Steger.
- Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2004.
- Engelska 256 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Introduction PART 1: BUILDING A BUSINESS CASE: GENERAL FINDINGS, OBSERVATIONS AND LESSONS LEARNED Corporate Sustainability: The New Catch Phrase? How to Search for a Business Case - and Build It Cross-Sector Research Findings Assessment of the Business Case PART 2: SECTOR REPORTS Automotive Industry-- M.Brunner Aviation Industry-- A.Gebel Energy Industry-- O.Salzmann Financial Services Industry-- H-J.Hess Food and Beverage Industry-- A.Ionescu-Somers.
- The result of an extensive and intensive research project carried out in a groundbreaking partnership between a conservation NGO (WWF) and a top European business school (IMD), the contents of this book reveal the economic logic behind corporate sustainability in a total of nine key industry sectors, 'big sinners' included. Unparalleled access to global companies through corporate membership of IMD's research initiative - the Forum for Corporate Sustainability Management - allowed IMD researchers to ground their research in the reality of perceptions and attitudes of both sustainability and other business managers within companies. This completely new approach to understanding the business case for sustainability has lead to a never-before attempted comparative scrutiny of the business case for sustainability across industries, and a product that managers can actually use: a set of practical diagnostic tools for managers.
- 'This book is a major contribution to the Business Case debate and both insightful and useful for corporate executives, especially of the more skeptical kind. It also delivers excellent material for the classrooms of MBA and Executive education, where the need for this kind of contribution is even greater.' - Prof Gilbert Lenssen, President European Academy of Business in Society (EABIS) 'This book presents groundbreaking conclusions on a subject that has become highly relevant to modern-day corporations: the economic reasons why companies integrate social and environmental into business strategy. I would advise any business executive who is seeking an overview or indeed a focused industry perspective on this issue to read this book. Based on solid empirical foundations, it is, to my knowledge, also the first-ever comprehensive attempt to look at the business case for sustainability from an industry-specific perspective.' - Peter Forstmoser, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Swiss Reinsurance 'DaimlerChrysler gained additional insight from participating in the research Building a Business Case for Corporate Sustainability. The Case provides helpful hints on the economic logic to be covered in this area and provides ideas on how to move forward strategically.' - Dr. Rudiger Grube, Member of the Management Board of DaimlerChrysler 'For those with a real interest in corporate sustainability and a desire to make it work in practice, this book will prove an invaluable resource. Detailed and authoritative, it provides a compelling analysis of the issues facing businesses today.' John Ling, Chartered Institute of Marketing Magazine.
- Business strategy. (bicssc)
- Business and Management. (eflch)
- KJC (ämneskategori)
- BUS (ämneskategori)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (Palgrave Connect eBooks Business & Management Collections:Full Text)
Handelshögskolan i Stockholm, Digitala biblioteket (Shad)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for Handelshögskolan i Stockholm) (Palgrave Connect Business & Management eBook Collection 2004)