Emergencies in trauma / edited by Aneel Bhangu, Caroline Lee, Keith Porter.
Bhangu, Aneel A.
Lee, Caroline, Dr.
Porter, Keith M.
- ISBN 978-0-19-955864-3 (pbk alk paper)
- Oxford ; Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Engelska xvi, 282 p.
Serie: Emergencies in-- series
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Publisher description)
http://www.loc.gov/c... (Table of contents only)
- Principles of trauma management -- Airway -- Breathing -- Circulation -- Thoracic trauma -- Abdominal trauma -- Head injury -- Special circumstances -- General principles -- Pelvis -- Lower limb -- Upper limb -- Spine.
- "Trauma can affect any person of any age, at any time, and in almost any circumstance. Most doctors in some form will deal with trauma; some day-to-day, some as a passer-by, but most at some stage as a junior doctor. The management of such patients is difficult, challenging and time-pressured. This book provides the on-call junior doctor with a rapid reference pocket guide to the management of the key trauma topics. This book is essentially split into two halves. The first half deals with the management of general trauma topics, which are primarily the life-threatening issues. These are dealt with in a didactic, systematic approach, including which procedures to perform to preserve life and limb, and also when to contact senior help. The second half of the book is dedicated to the recognition and management of the common fractures and emergency orthopaedic conditions which are encountered in day-to-day practice. There is didactic detail on how to immobilise fractures, and guidance on who can be sent home and who needs to be admitted"--Provided by publisher.
- Olycksfall (sao)
- Sår och skador (sao)
- Sårbehandling (sao)
- Frakturer -- behandling (sao)
- Wounds and injuries -- Treatment -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Medical emergencies -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Critical care medicine -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. (LCSH)
- Wounds and Injuries -- therapy -- Handbooks. (MeSH)
- Emergencies -- Handbooks. (MeSH)
- Wounds and Injuries -- diagnosis -- Handbooks. (MeSH)
- Fractures -- Treatment (LCSH)
- Wounds and injuries -- Treatment (LCSH)
- Wounds and injuries (LCSH)
- Handböcker, manualer etc. (saogf)
- 617.1 (DDC)
- Vfg (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit