Rethinking leadership and "whole of government" national security reform : problems, progress, and prospects / Joseph R. Cerami, Jeffrey A. Engel, editors.
Cerami, Joseph R. (redaktör/utgivare)
Engel, Jeffrey A. (redaktör/utgivare)
- Army War College (U.S.). Strategic Studies Institute (utgivare)
Alternativt namn: Army War College. Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: Strategic Studies Institute
Alternativt namn: SSI
Texas A & M University. George Bush School of Government and Public Service (utgivare)
- ISBN 978-1-58487-440-9
- Carlisle, PA : Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, 2010.
- Engelska vii, 221 p.
Läs hela texten (CLICK HERE TO VIEW:)
- Will what we think we know about leadership and the "whole of government" reform kill the prospects for effective and ethical change? / Joseph R. Cerami -- Leadership, national security, and whole of government reforms : the Project on National Security Reform (PNSR) perspective / James R. Locher III -- Leadership as practical ethics / Joel H. Rosenthal -- Transforming intelligence analysis : "the tail that wags the dog" / Richard H. Immerman -- Reforming the national security process in a globalizing world / James Goldgeier -- A fine balance : the evolution of the national security adviser / Andrew Preston -- Leading the next phase of Homeland Security Intelligence : providing better definitions, roles, and protections / Geoffrey S. French -- Winning hearts and minds : from slogan to leadership strategy / Todd L. Pittinsky -- Change is hard : but even small steps matter / Jeffrey A. Engel.
- On June 24, 2009, The Bush School of Government and Public Service and The Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs at Texas A & M University, and the U.S. Army War College, Strategic Studies Institute (SSI), conducted a conference on 'Leadership and Government Reform' in Washington, DC. Two panels discussed Leader Development in Schools of Public Affairs and Leadership, National Security, and 'Whole of Government' Reforms. This conference marked the fourth in a series that the Bush School has conducted with the SSI. This conference theme continued the discussion about the need for changes in leader development and whole of government reform, even more reform than the post-World War II changes accomplished by the 1947 National Security Act and the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols legislation. The chapters examine whether and to what extent it is possible to boldly and fundamentally improve the alignment, coordination, integration, and interoperability among the government's national security agencies. The panelists and authors reflected on the nature of external, internal, and transnational threats to U.S. security, and the need for changes in developing people, organizations, and institutions to more effectively, efficiently, and ethically improve the U.S. Government's capacity to address the need for change. The authors in this book share the belief of many in the international and public affairs community that the world is changing in fundamental ways, and our traditional models for understanding America's role do not appear to be working very well. A new era of reform is needed for this new age. In response, panelists in their detailed remarks and subsequent papers, offer suggestions to reform the United States' national security system to meet 21st century threats, while simultaneously developing the leaders who can implement a serious and broad-scale reform agenda.
- National security -- United States -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Leadership -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Interagency coordination -- United States -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Intelligence service -- United States -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Security, International -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- DIME (Diplomatic, informational, military and economic) elements.
- Elements of national power.
- leadership -- government -- national security -- ethics -- intelligence -- USA (sipri)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- United States -- Military policy -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- USA -- foreign policy -- defence policy (sipri)
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit