Urbanization and flooding in Accra, Ghana [electronic resource] / by Kizito Afeku.
Afeku, Kizito. (författare)
Läs hela texten
- The objective of this thesis is to examine the relationship between urbanization and flooding in Accra. As a result of the government of Ghana's implementation of the Structural Adjustment Program (SAP), massive expansion in the built-up area of Accra occurred. Beside the impact of the increased impervious surface due to urban growth, poor land tenure and land delivery system, poor garbage collection and disposal, as well as poor implementation of economic development programs, have been identified as contributors to flooding in Accra. The information for the research was gathered in several ways that include urban change mapping, field observation and measurement, photography and personal field interviews. In order to prevent flooding in Accra, Ghana government uses engineering methods. However, it is suggested that good record keeping and data generation, proper collection and disposal of garbage, and good physical planning be made an integral part of the solution to flooding in Accra.
- Urbanization -- Ghana -- Accra. (LCSH)
- Floods -- Ghana -- Accra. (LCSH)
- Cities and towns -- Ghana -- Accra -- Growth. (LCSH)
- Impervious Surface
- Land tenure -- Ghana -- Accra. (LCSH)
- Land Delivery
- Garbage Collection and Disposal
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Flooding Urban Growth Impervious Surface Land Tenure Land Delivery Garbage Collection and Disposal Accra
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.