From headwaters to the ocean [Elektronisk resurs] hydrological changes and watershed management / editors, Makoto Taniguchi, William C. Burnett, Yoshihiro Fukushima, Martin Haigh, Yu Umezawa.
International Conference on Hydrological Changes and Management from Headwaters to the Ocean (2008 : Kyoto, Japan)
Taniguchi, Makoto, 1959- (redaktör/utgivare)
Burnett, William C. (redaktör/utgivare)
Fukushima, Yoshihiro (redaktör/utgivare)
Haigh, Martin (redaktör/utgivare)
Umezawa, Yu (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9780203882849
- Publicerad: Leiden : CRC Press, 2009
- Engelska electronic resource (xvii, 673 s.
- Relaterad länk:
http://marc.crcnetba... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
http://marc.crcnetba... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- 1 Land-atmosphere interaction -- Effects of selective cutting of large trees on transpiration and surface temperature: A predictive study of evergreen broad-leaf forest in central Cambodia / K. Tamai, T. Nobuhiro, N. Kabeya, M. Araki, S. Iida, A. Shimizu, T. Shimizu, S. Chann & N. Keth -- The role of cavities in land-atmosphere interactions / N.Weisbrod, U. Nachshon, M. Pillersdorf & M.I. Dragila -- A simulation of sea breeze in Fukuoka facing the Sea of Japan / Y. Hisada, N. Matsunaga &Y. Oda -- Characteristics of water vapor content and its budget over Tarim river basin / H. He, G. Lu & F. Zhao -- Climatological changes in rain and non-rain days over the East Asian region using long term rain gauge observation data / M.K. Yamamoto, A. Higuchi & S. Kikuchi -- Hydrological balance over northern Eurasia from gauge-based high-resolution daily precipitation data / H. Takashima, A. Yatagai, H. Kawamoto, O. Arakawa & K. Kamiguchi -- Investigating changes in rainfall characteristics using the copula approach / H. Chowdhary &V.P. Singh.
- 2 Headwater environment: Impacts of climate change and human intervention (IAHC topics The 7th International Conference on Headwater Control) -- Effects of various rainfall-runoff characteristics on streamwater stable isotope variations in forested headwaters / M. Katsuyama, K. Fukushima & N. Tokuchi -- The effect of antecedent moisture condition on storm flow water sources in young forest headwater catchment / T. Oda, Y. Asano, N. Ohte & M. Suzuki -- Combined roles of soil horizons and fractured bedrock in subsurface water concentration in a valley-head / T. Furuta &T. Tamura -- Generation of a saturated zone at the soil-bedrock interface around a tree on a hillslope / W.-L. Liang, K. Kosugi, Y. Yamakawa & T. Mizuyama -- Factors controlling stream water chemistry in ten small forested watersheds with plantation forests of various proportions and ages in central Japan / N. Tokuchi, K. Fukushima & M. Katsuyama -- Nitrate and phosphate uptake in a temperate forest stream in central Japan / Y. Tanio, N. Ohte, M. Fujimoto & R. Sheibley -- Impact of forestry practices on groundwater quality in the boreal environment / E. Kubin & J. Krecek -- Water yield and nitrogen loss during regrowth of Japanese cedar forests after clearcutting / K. Fukushima, N. Tokuchi, R. Tateno & M. Katsuyama -- Environmental impacts of the acid atmospheric deposition and forest clear-cut in a mountain catchment / J. Krecek, Z. Horicka & J. Novakova -- Climate changes and debris flows in periglacial areas in the Italian Alps / L. Marchi, M. Chiarle & G. Mortara -- Changes in the hydraulic properties of forest soils resulting from litter removal and compaction by human traffic / Y. Hayashi, K. Kosugi &T. Mizuyama -- Effects of land use on soil physical and chemical properties of sandy land in Horqin, China / A.M. Hao, T.Watanabe, T. Haraguchi &Y. Nakano -- 3 Strategic planning and environmental assessments of activities in headwater areas (IAHC topics The 7th International Conference on Headwater Control) -- A comparative policy analysis for headwater management / T. Endo -- The change of water balance including municipal and irrigation waters: A case study of the Koise River basin, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan / M. Motoki -- 4 Environmental education for sustainable development: The role of mountain and headwater landscapes (IAHC topics The 7th International Conference on Headwater Control) -- Teaching sustainable headwater land management through problem based field study / M. Haigh -- Implementation of school catchments network for water resources management of the Upper Negro River region, southern Brazil / M. Kobiyama, P.L.B. Chaffe, H.L. Rocha, C.W. Corseuil, S. Malutta, J.N. Giglio, A.A. Mota, I. Santos, U. Ribas Junior & R. Langa.
- 5 Hydrological models in support of integrated water resources management -- On integrated water resources management / V.P. Singh -- Distributed simulation of basin water cycle under changing environment / R. Zhu & C. Liu -- A continuous rainfall-runoff model as a tool for the critical hydrological scenario assessment in natural channels / L. Brocca, F. Melone, T. Moramarco &V.P. Singh -- Simulating water balance of the small-forested watershed using BROOK90 model / E.A. Combalicer, S. Im, S.H. Lee, S. Ahn & D.Y. Kim -- Quantitative effect of land use and land cover changes on green water and blue water in Northern part of China / L. Ren, X. Liu, F. Yuan, V.P. Singh, X. Fang, Z. Yu &W. Zhang -- Development of a distributed water circulation model for assessing human interaction in agricultural water use / T. Masumoto, T. Taniguchi, N. Horikawa, T. Yoshida & K. Shimizu -- Sensitivity analysis to evaluate the effect of land use change on discharge rate / F.A. Soria, M. Sawamoto & S. Kazama -- An integrated hydrological model for the long-term water balance analysis of the Yellow River Basin, China / Y. Sato, A. Onishi, Y. Fukushima, X. Ma, J. Xu, M. Matsuoka & H. Zheng -- Application of geographic information system in hydrological models: A review / C.L. Liu &Y.Q. Chen -- Relationship between residence time and geographic source of stream flow in small watersheds : Analysis with a distributed rainfall-runoff model and field observation data / T. Sayama & J.J. McDonnell -- Evaluation of seawater intrusion to a coastal aquifer by developing a three dimensional numerical model / E.D.P. Perera, K. Jinno, Y. Hiroshiro &A. Tsutsumi -- A hidden Markov model for non-stationary runoff modeling conditioned on El Niño information / E. Gelati, D. Rosbjerg & H. Madsen -- Integrated simulation by hydrological, hydraulic and water management modelling techniques in support of water resources management in the Czech Republic / O. Novicky, L. Kasparek & P. Vyskoc -- Multi-model approach to hydrologic impact of climate change / P. Coulibaly -- Adapting to climate change impacts on the water resources systems of the Seyhan River Basin in Turkey / Y. Fujihara, T.Watanabe, T. Nagano, K. Tanaka &T. Kojiri -- Impact of climate change on annual drought severity / A.K. Mishra &V.P. Singh -- Conceptual investigation of time of concentration: Case study of the Pequeno River watershed, São José dos Pinhais, PR, Brazil / R.V. Da Silva, F. Grison & M. Kobiyama -- Application of aritificial neural network in rainfall-runoff model / Z. Li, P. Deng & J. Dong -- Research on system dynamics model of water resources harmonious management / J.Wang, J. Zhang & Z. Li.
- 6 Groundwater-surface water interaction -- Importance of groundwater discharge in developing urban centers of Southeast Asia / W.C. Burnett, R. Peterson, M. Taniguchi, G.Wattayakorn, S. Chanyotha & F. Siringan -- Comparative study on water quality among Asian megacities based on major ion concentrations / T. Hosono, Y. Umezawa, S. Onodera, C-H.Wang, F. Siringan S. Buapeng, R. Delinom, T. Nakano & M. Taniguchi -- Surface and groundwater interactions in the lower reach of the Yellow River / J. Chen, Y. Fukushima & M. Taniguchi -- Saline groundwater flow in the Yellow River delta, China / K. Miyaoka, M. Taniguchi, T. Ishitobi, Y. Fukushima, S. Onodera, J. Chen & G. Liu -- Long-term changes of water and salinity management in Lower Seyhan Plain, Turkey / T. Nagano, T. Onishi, T. Kume, T.Watanabe, K. Hoshikawa & S. Donma -- Intensive groundwater-surface water interaction in an alluvial fan: Assessment using a numerical model and isotopic tracer / T. Yamanaka & H.Wakui -- The thermal effect of groundwater flow on temperature distribution in the Sendai Plain / H.G.L.N. Gunawardhana, S. Kazama & M. Sawamoto -- Thorium and uranium concentrations in 44 Japanese river waters : Possible uranium addition from agricultural fields to river waters / K. Tagami & S. Uchida -- Roles of deep bedrock groundwater in surface hydrological processes in a headwater catchment / K. Kosugi, S. Katsura, T. Mizutani, H. Kato, T. Mizuyama, K. Goto & K. Ishio -- A GIS-based, hypothetical model of groundwater seepage into a former mining open pit: 1. discrete fractures scenario / A. Salama, E.R. Negeed, I. Djamaluddin, T. Esaki, Y. Mitani & H. Ikemi -- Mechanism for the production of dissolved iron in the Amur River basin : a modeling study of the Naoli River of the Sanjiang Plain / T. Onishi, H. Shibata, M. Yoh & S. Nagao.
- 7 Remote sensing for measuring water balance, hydrodynamics and hydrological processes -- The 2006 Australian drought detected by GRACE / T. Hasegawa, Y. Fukuda, K. Yamamoto &T. Nakaegawa -- Improvement of JLG terrestrial water storage model using GRACE satellite gravity data / K. Yamamoto, T. Hasegawa, Y. Fukuda, T. Nakaegawa & M. Taniguchi -- The European SMOS for large-scale water balance and climate modelling studies / A.A. Van de Griend, J-P.Wigneron, P.Waldteufel & J. Krecek -- Remote sensing-based estimates of evapotranspiration for managing scarce water resources in the Gezira scheme, Sudan / M.A. Bashir, H. Tanakamaru &A. Tada -- Investigation of fresh and salt water distribution by resistivity method inYellow River Delta / T. Ishitobi, M. Taniguchi, J. Chen, S-i. Onodera, K. Miyaoka, T. Tokunaga, M. Saito &Y. Fukushima -- 8 Interaction between the groundwater resources and ecosystems -- Riparian vegetation changes from hydrological alteration on the River Murray, Australia : Modelling the surface water-groundwater dependent ecosystem / T.M. Doody & I.C. Overton -- An analysis of groundwater conditions in a saline groundwater area, Thailand / P. Mekpruksawong, T. Suwattana, T. Ichikawa, S. Aramaki & S. Chuenchooklin -- The role of monsoon rainfall in desalinization of soil-groundwater system and in vegetation recovery from the 2004 tsunami disaster in Nagapattinam district, India / T. Kume, C. Umetsu & K. Palanisami -- Effect of stream diversion on densities of Aeromonas hydrophila in a mountain stream in a headwater area / H. Hirotani & K. Ochi.
- 9 Socio-economic models and monitoring of vulnerable water resource -- Water resources estimation and allocation in the rapid developing area of China / K.Wang, X. Chen & Y.D. Chen -- Policy evaluation of China's pollution charge system with a measurement adjusted by water quality / M. Morisugi, N. Sawazu &A. Onishi -- Prediction of water resource carrying capacity of Changchun city, northeast China, based on BP neutral network method / W. Su, T. Matsumoto, J.S. Liu & J.X. Dou -- External dependency of water supply system in Beijing: An application of water mileage / J. Aoki, C. Chen, S. Kaneko & J. Chen -- Urbanization and water use situation in Beijing, China : an evidence from water production and supply sector / L. Banchongphanith & S. Kaneko -- Study on future water supply and demand in theYellow River basin of China based on scenario analysis / A. Onishi, Y. Fukushima, H. Imura, F. Shi, J. Han &W. Fang -- Study on sustainable agricultural production and agricultural water use efficiency in the Yellow River Basin of China / A. Onishi, Y. Sato, T.Watanabe, Y. Fukushima, X. Cao, H. Imura, M. Matsuoka & M. Morisugi -- Combinatory efficiency of water and power transfer systems in North China / F. Shi, H. Imura, A. Onishi, X. Cao & O. Higashi -- Estimation of groundwater resource demand in theYellow River Basin, China / T. Ichinose, K. Otsubo, I. Harada & M. Ee -- Long-term urban growth and water demand in Asia / K.A.B. Jago-on & S. Kaneko -- Impact of municipal waste and waste water management change on nutrients flow to surface water and ground water in Asian mega-cities / Y. Xue &T. Matsumoto -- Frequency analysis of extreme hydrologic events and assessment of water stress in a changing climate in the Philippines / F.P. Lansigan -- Why farmers still invest in wells in hard-rock regions when the water-table is fast declining? / K. Palanisami, C. Umetsu & C.R. Ranganathan -- Quantifying vulnerability and impact of climate change on production of major crops in Tamil Nadu, India / K. Palanisami, P. Paramasivam, C.R. Ranganathan, P.K. Aggarwal & S. Senthilnathan -- Modeling the country based land use change and spatial distribution / K. Matsumura, K. Sugimoto,W.Wu, R. Shibasaki &A. Onishi.
- 10 Reconstruction of human impacts on the surface and subsurface environments during past 100 years -- Long-term temperature monitoring in boreholes for studies of the ground surface thermal environment and groundwater flow / M. Yamano, H. Hamamoto, S. Goto &A. Miyakoshi -- Ground surface temperature history reconstruction from borehole temperature data in Awaji Island, southwest Japan for studies of human impacts on climatic change in East Asia / S. Goto, M. Yamano, H.C. Kim, Y. Uchida &Y. Okubo -- Estimation of the past ground surface temperature change from borehole temperature data in the Bangkok area / H. Hamamoto, M. Yamano, S. Kamioka, J. Nishijima, V. Monyrath, S. Goto & M. Taniguchi -- Reconstructions of climate change and surface warming at Jakarta using borehole temperature data / R.F. Lubis, A. Miyakoshi, M. Yamano, M. Taniguchi, Y. Sakura & R. Delinom -- Subsurface thermal environment change due to artificial effects in the Tokyo metropolitan area, Japan / A. Miyakoshi, T. Hayashi, V. Monyrath, R.F. Lubis &Y. Sakura -- Land expansion with reclamation and groundwater exploitation in a coastal urban area: A case study from the Tokyo Lowland, Japan / T. Hayashi &A. Miyakoshi -- Shallow groundwater quality and potential for groundwater pollution by nitrogen fertilizer in an agricultural area / Y. Iizumi, T. Kinouchi & K. Fukami -- The restoration of historical hydro-environment from historical materials and topographical maps in Tokyo, Japan / T. Taniguchi -- Urbanization and the change of water use in Osaka City : Spatio-temporal analysis with data maps / A. Yamashita -- Urbanization in Asian Metropolis and the changes of hydrological environment in and around Bangkok / Y. Kagawa -- A comparative study on history of sewage works construction between Bangkok and Tokyo / T. Imai, C. Vitoonpanyakij, S. Kessomboon, P. Banjongproo, S. Kaneko, R. Fujikura &T. Matsumoto -- Estimation of historical/spatial changes in subsurface material stock related to the construction sector of urban areas in Japan / H. Tanikawa, R. Inadu, S. Hashimoto & S. Kaneko -- Ecosystem changes on the River Murray floodplain over the last 100 years and predictions of climate change / I.C. Overton &T.M. Doody -- Degradation of subsurface environment in Asian coastal cities / M. Taniguchi, J. Shimada, Y. Fukuda, S. Onodera, M. Yamano, A. Yoshikoshi, S. Kaneko, Y. Umezawa, T. Ishitobi & K.A.B. Jago-on.
- 11 Land-ocean interaction -- Global assessment of submarine groundwater discharge / M. Taniguchi, T. Ishitobi &W.C. Burnett -- Potential effects of terrestrial nutrients in submarine groundwater discharge on macroalgal blooms in a fringing reef ecosystem 619 -- Y. Umezawa, I. Herzfeld, C. Colgrove & C.M. Smith -- Estimation of groundwater discharge to the sea using a distributed recharge model / M. Katsuki, J. Yasumoto, A. Tsutsumi, Y. Hiroshiro & K. Jinno -- Groundwater discharge into the Caspian Sea from the Iranian Coast and its importance / G.A. Kazemi & U. Tsunogai -- Concentrations and distributions of 9 major ions and 54 elements in major Japanese river waters / S. Uchida & K. Tagami -- The geochemistry of heavy metals, yttrium, and rare earth elements inWakasa Bay, Japan / H. Takata, T. Aono, K. Tagami & S. Uchida -- The interactions between the Yukon River and Bering Sea / K.A. Chikita, Y. Kim, I. Kudo, S. Saito, T.Wada & H. Miyazaki -- Evaluation of denitrification potential in coastal groundwater using simple in situ injection experiment / M. Saito, S. Onodera, K. Okada, M. Sawano, K. Miyaoka, J. Chen, M. Taniguchi, G. Liu &Y. Fukushima -- Bohai Sea coastal transport rates and their influence on coastline nutrient inputs / R.N. Peterson,W.C. Burnett, I.R. Santos, M. Taniguchi, T. Ishitobi & J. Chen -- Water and phosphorus budgets in the Yellow River estuary including the submarine fresh groundwater / M. Hayashi &T. Yanagi -- Decrease inYellow River discharge and its impact on the marine environment of the Bohai Sea / T. Yanagi.
- The vulnerability of water resources due to climate change and human activities is globally increasing. The phenomenon of hydrological change is complicated because of the combinations and interactions between natural climate fluctuation, global warming and human activities including changes in land utilization. The impact areas of hydrological changes are also not only within the basin, but reach to the ocean through coastal water exchanges. This book presents contributions focused on integrated water management from headwater to the ocean in a time of climate change and increasing population.
- Hydrologi (sao)
- Hydrology -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Water resources development -- Congresses. (LCSH)
- Hydrology (LCSH)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Ubb Oceanografi och hydrologi
- GB652 (LCC)
- 551.4'8 22 22 22 22 (DDC)
- Ubb/DR (kssb/8)
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.