Road rage [Elektronisk resurs] : assessment and treatment of the angry, aggressive driver / Tara E. Galovski, Loretta S. Malta, and Edward B. Blanchard.
Galovski, Tara E. (författare)
Malta, Loretta S. (författare)
Blanchard, Edward B. (författare)
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2006.
- Engelska xi, 250 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://content.apa.o... (Table of contents / Abstracts) (Table of contents)
- Aggressive driving : significance and scope of the problem -- Defining driving aggression and related constructs -- Theories of aggressive driving -- The Albany studies of aggressive drivers : sample descriptions and assessment procedures -- Psychiatric morbidity among aggressive drivers -- Psychological characteristics of angry and aggressive drivers -- Psychophysiological assessment of aggressive drivers -- Treatment of driving anger and aggressive driving : work by others -- The Albany aggressive driving studies : treatment results -- Aggressive driving treatment manual -- Involving the criminal justice system in the recruitment and treatment of aggressive drivers.
- "In recent years, reports of "road rage," where aggressive or angry drivers exhibit dangerous behavior toward others on the road, have frequently made newspaper headlines. Extensive descriptive and experimental research studies have supported a reliable association between aggressive driving and increased risk of motor vehicle accidents. To the extent that aggressive driving increases this risk, it continues to pose a serious threat to public health. But what are the psychological mechanisms underlying such behavior? In this book, the authors explore this widespread but understudied phenomenon, including the etiology of driving anger and how it relates to more general findings on the interrelations of anger, hostility, and aggression. Road Rage provides an integrative summary of the existing literature on aggressive driving as well as detailed information on assessing aggressive drivers using such methods as standardized psychological tests, psychiatric diagnoses, and psychophysiological measurement. The authors also present comprehensive, step-by-step instructions for implementing successful and concise cognitive-behavioral treatment for angry, aggressive drivers. Clinical hints and vignettes are included to aid readers in implementing the treatment program, which has been successfully evaluated with both court- and self-referred individuals who acknowledge their hostile and perilous driving habits. This is one of the first books to examine the psychology of road rage, and clinicians and researchers alike will be rewarded with an increased understanding of the magnitude and treatment of this societal problem"--Jacket. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2006 APA, all rights reserved).
- Automobile drivers -- Mental health. (LCSH)
- Road rage. (LCSH)
- Aggressiveness -- Treatment. (LCSH)
- Anger -- Treatment. (LCSH)
- Automobile driving -- Psychological aspects. (LCSH)
- Automobile Driving -- psychology. (MeSH)
- Aggression. (MeSH)
- Impulse Control Disorders -- therapy. (MeSH)
- Agressivité au volant. (Vedettes-matière)
- Colère -- Traitement. (Vedettes-matière)
- RC451.4.A98 (LCC)
- 363.12/51 (DDC)
- Pradb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 3 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Digitala biblioteket (Udix)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Uppsala universitet) (PsycBOOKS)
Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (ProQuest PsycBOOKS:Full Text)
Lunds universitets bibliotek, Digitala resurser (Ldix)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Online access for Lund University) (PsycBOOKS (EBSCO))