Rebel-in-chief [Elektronisk resurs] inside the bold and controversial presidency of George W. Bush / Fred Barnes.
Barnes, Fred, 1943- (författare)
- 1st ed.
- New York : Crown Forum, c2006.
- Engelska 220 p.
- The insurgent leader -- The outsider : Bush and the Washington establishment -- Strike the hole, strike the rancher : the Bush revolution in foreign policy -- Reversal : reinventing America's role in the Middle East -- Unflinching : bringing democracy to Iraq -- The crusade for democracy -- Taking ownership -- Faith-based -- The new conservatism -- The new majority.
- Veteran political reporter Barnes provides an insider's view of how Bush's unique presidential style and bold reforms are dramatically remaking the country--and, indeed, the world. In the process, Barnes shows, the president is shaking up Washington and reshaping the conservative movement. Barnes has gained extraordinary access to the Bush administration, conducting rare one-on-one interviews with Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, and many other close presidential advisers. Barnes shows how Bush acts as an "insurgent force" in the nation's capital; how he is redefining conservatism for a new era; how he has revolutionized American foreign policy--and how his crusade for democracy would have been anathema to Bush himself only five years ago; when and why he decided to go into Iraq, even knowing that he was putting his future at risk; how he routinely defies conventional wisdom--and why he usually wins.--From publisher description.
- Conservatism -- United States. (LCSH)
- Politiska och sociala åsikter (sao)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2001- (LCSH)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 2001- (LCSH)
- Electronic books. (local)
- Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-
- Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- -- influenser
- E902 (LCC)
- 973.931/092 (DDC)
- Kqa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.